By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's Approval Rating In The Toilet

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/207416/trump-approval-rating-drops-new-low.aspx

Trump's approval rating sits at a new low of 36% which is pretty much a record low for any president this early on:

Compared to other presidents in their first 100 days:

Presidential Approval Ratings - First 100 days

1953 Dwight D. Eisenhower 73%
1961 John Kennedy 83%
1963 LBJ 78%
1969 Richard Nixon 62%
1974 Gerald Ford 71%
1977 Jimmy Carter 63%
1981 Ronald Reagan 68%
1989 George Bush 56%
1993 William J. Clinton 55%
2001 George W. Bush 62%
2009 Barack Obama 65%

Wonder if he can beat the all-time low of 22%, I'd say he has a good chance as the first 100 days are usually the "honeymoon" period, there will be lower lows than this. 

Around the Network

Nixon 62%. Impeached. Trump 36% commits treason. Still in office.

SegataSanshiro said:
Nixon 62%. Impeached. Trump 36% commits treason. Still in office.

These are early approval ratings though, Nixon of course went lower, but that bodes poorly for Trump as the first 100 days are supposed to be the easy ones. He will go lower than 36%. 

Well, to be fair. Nixon managed to last around 6 years before his resignation.

But if I were a betting man, I'd bet Trump won't even last half that long before he resigns, is impeached, or assassinated.

I realize that most presidents have a honeymoon period, but it still baffles me that 36% of the country can look at Trump's incompetence (to say nothing of his views and policies) and think, "I approve!" 

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Well, to be fair. Nixon managed to last around 6 years before his resignation.

But if I were a betting man, I'd bet Trump won't even last half that long before he resigns, is impeached, or assassinated.

Don't think he'll ever willingly resign, he's too full of himself. 

As much as I hate Trump, I'd rather him stay in office. His easy distractibility makes him much more safe towards some of my beliefs (I'm very passionate for environmental protection). Pence, would give Republicans another shot at office next go around.. and I don't trust them to put money into science, EPA, or education

George W. Bush's all-time low was at 25%. All time record low is 22% by Truman. Trump has a good chance of besting those lows. 

Can't wait for someone to somehow bring SJW's/liberals into this

Probably because he didnt get rid of Obamacare like he said he would.