By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump's Approval Rating In The Toilet

I'm not really sure if these numbers can be trusted. And are the 100 days already over?
My prediction is that Trump will get reelected.

Around the Network
tokilamockingbrd said:
there are other polls that have him at 50%.

Where? RealClear doesn't show him with a 50 since February and that was Rasmussen, who is always a good deal higher than the average.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

It's way too early to make predictions about reelection but a low approval rating will make it harder for him to pass legislation.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

PAOerfulone said:

Well, to be fair. Nixon managed to last around 6 years before his resignation.

But if I were a betting man, I'd bet Trump won't even last half that long before he resigns, is impeached, or assassinated.

Trump will never resign.  His ego would not allow it so he will server 4 or more depending on who his presidency goes.

Just saw his executive order on the environment and how he's about to fuck it over. I resend my statement from yesterday. The sooner the orange slug is assasinated the better. Preferrably a slow death

Around the Network
ratuscafoarterea said:
I don't trust the mainstream media, they lied before the elections in regards to Trump's chances to win. Why would I trust them again, how do I know they are true this time around?

They didn't lie. The polls said what they said and Trump lost the popular vote by a margin of nearly 3 million. 

Sophisticated models like Nate Silver's model accurately called that Trump had a reasonable shot at winning the election but losing the popular vote and that's exactly what happens. 

We have an system that disproportionately awards influence to cranky people who live in the middle of nowhere. 

Radek said:
StarOcean said:
Just saw his executive order on the environment and how he's about to fuck it over. I resend my statement from yesterday. The sooner the orange slug is assasinated the better. Preferrably a slow death

Moderator saying stuff like this wtf

Public figures like Trump are fair game.

Hiku said:
aLkaLiNE said:

The EPA has largely failed to do what the agency is designed to do. I know first hand, working at an oil refinery in Oregon that is legally allowed to poison the atmosphere directly above us which is caught in the wind current and chokes out a population of people about 1 mile north of us. They've called the EPA. They've called the DEQ. They've tried getting OSHA to stop us, all for nothing. Oh. And we're located literally -right- next to a wild life preserve. I ask myself way too often who's bright idea it was to build a fucking oil refinery next to a wild life preserve, and how any responsible governing body could allow that to happen. It's a complete joke.

These agencies are willingly and knowingly incompetent. And look at our joke of an education system. My state personally has eliminated state testing in the last few years, and high school drop out rates continue to climb. Why then are we funding these programs with our taxes when they are demonstrably failing? Everyones so salty that he said he was going to be president and he is, but it's time for people to grow the fuck up and look at the bigger issues here. Give him a chance, we're all in this together and the state of America in the 21st century is way worse than I think people want to admit pre-Trump.

Getting rid of the EPA isn't going to make that situation, or the ones where they act competently, any better though. Then you should improve it to fix the problems. Trump wants to get rid of all restrictions on mining, drilling and fracking as well. So it's hard to trust them in this regard when it seems they prioritize making easier money at the cost of the environment.

He's defunding them because they' negligently spend money with no result. They spent months investigating us purely out of obligation to Hayden island, that community of people I was talking about. These people put us on blast in the news and were raising up a PR shit storm to make themselves heard. The EPA then proceeded to investigate us and like three other companies. Months of man hours. I'm sure hundreds of thousands of dollars. Testing various fumes, monitoring our emissions, using infrared devices to make sure our storage tanks weren't seeping... Yet they ultimately offered no solution to the people of Hayden island. It was a total shit show for these people and I feel bad for them because it sounds like many of them wake up with headaches, and are more prone to random bloody noses.

From what I understand, he wants them to focus on two things - clean air, clean water. Sounds good to me. Trash on the roads are picked up by convicts and cleaning trucks. Co2 emissions are a total joke, I don't believe for a second that's the cause of our air pollution (methane and other greenhouse gasses are way WAY stronger and NOT absorbed by plants/trees anyway).  Anyway, with a restricted budget, maybe now the EPA will pick and choose their battles more competently and ask for more funding when they actually need it as opposed to sitting around on their asses for what they're supposed to be doing while chasing things that aren't important just to waste time and make themselves seem more relevent than they actually are.

I think that no matter what trump does, it will be twisted and cast in as negative of a light as possible. People here are proof of that. People on my Facebook are proof of that. People in the news are proof of that.  It's a sentiment that is largely not shared with people in their 30's+ And frankly, I'm embarrassed to come from such a selfish conceited ignorant generation. Our critical thinking skills are quickly drying up and the future that's coming is terrifying to me, regardless of who ends up being our president. We should be way more concerned about each other tbh. 

Science fiction becomes science fact, idiocracy is real and our educational system was already well on its way out. I'm sure revisionist history and deliberately watered down schooling has something to do with it. Americans are fucking stupid and those of us that are smart are misleading the rest of the world.

This is why I can't post in political threads. Not worth my effort.  I'm out.

etking said:
My prediction is that Trump will get reelected.

I'm not sure which prediction of yours is worse, this one or when you predicted Horizon might only sell 1 million lifetime.

StarOcean said:

Pretty disturbing that a someone, let alone a Mod, would say this.

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf