By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

Aerys said:

Also, hé didnt say anything racist if, like i understand, hé just reminded à statical fact( is it racist to say hés not racist ? Well then i Guess thé statistics are racists, to know why thé statistics are what they are is an other question , its only à syllogism problèm that makes people think its racist to say this and racists to think racist things using this, but stating à fact as itself cant bé racist)

Where are the statistics that say that rich blacks commit more crimes than poor whites?

Around the Network
Aerys said:
VGPolyglot said:

Worse than 9/11, the war in Iraq and the Syrian War?

Much worse. 

How am I supposed to take you seriously when you think that people complaining about video games are worse than events where hundreds of thousands of people died?

CaptainExplosion said:
Aerys said:

Much worse. 

Not sure if this is bait, or just idiocy.

Yeah, coming from a person who thinks Islam is eeeeevil, and yet thinks some whiny bitches are worse than an attack which:

1. Destroyed 2 important buildings worth billions of dollars

2. Killed 3,000 americans

3. Changed all of the US's former airplane security routines (loss of billions)

4. Resulted in Iraq and Afghanistan being invaded

Yeah, totally smart. we should respect all opinions! While we're at it, I'm gonna start saying some "statistics" which are false, but still get mad when I'm criticized.

CaptainExplosion said:
Chazore said:

has it ever occured to you that you're now defending the devs on all fronts, that's something you should probably look into, because as far as things are going, you are pointing fingers at absolutely everyone, us, Jon tron's base, Jon himself and anyone else who dares to question Platonic or even the other side. 

You know, you just made me realise something; Gamers are a bunch of whiny, entitled, overreacting, thin-skinned, irrational, fanatical manchildren, and they're probably the key reason the gaming industry has been collapsing in on itself, not helped by excessive drama over social media.

This is especially evident where they take nearly every good thing that comes, like Yooka-Laylee for instance, and drag it through the mother fucking cowshit until it's stained beyond repair, causing it to become unbearible to everyone else. ESPECIALLY other gamers who just want to play fun video games.

This thread is a decrepid condemned building that needs to be fucking burned down, and all the shit inside it as well, because there's nowhere else it can fucking go.

Then why not fulfill the prophecy and burn the enemy to the ground, drag them kicking and screaming tooth and nail.

For the record, I'm on neither side, but I do wish both sides would stop fighting, because finger pointing gets us absolutely nowhere. 

If the game doesn't sell well, it doesn't sell well, not "it's not selling well because a bunch of manchildren didn't buy it", that makes you no better than the other side period. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

CaptainExplosion said:

It's the fucking gaming community, of course the latter is gonna happen. -_-

How, how is it just going to be all dumped on a bunch of people that happen to like Jon's content?.

Can you please back this up with concrete evidence, especially after the game goes live in stores. I want to see this, because it remindsme of "lost sales" when talking about piracy, almost as if it's the same deal (when it's not).

Also have you noticed that blaming a group of people, lands you into the same ring as those you despise?, because saying they should buy the game, that they should support your view, your decision, doesn't exactly sound remotely fair at all, if anything it sounds selfish and entitled, as we all are allowed to make our own decisions,e specially when it comes to purchases, you have no right over anyone's to tell them what to buy, in this world and the next. 

I don't at all agree with Jon, but I'm also now at a disagreement with what Platonic is doing to it's customers over on Steam, that is absolutely not the way to go about it whatsoever. Azuren is also in his right to not want to pruchase the game, you cannot and will not tell him to buy the game, ebcause it is not within your rights to impede his own, you can mock him all you want, but it makes you no better and just paints you the same color as those you rally against.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Aerys said:

Much worse. 

How am I supposed to take you seriously when you think that people complaining about video games are worse than events where hundreds of thousands of people died?

Thé problèm is that SJW's are not just complaint about vidéo games, thats only à small extent of their Work. They became really influent over thé years and are now à big phenomen.

But i cant explain you why , its too complicated, lets say its thé same reason why Donald Trump at thé présidency is à bigger matter than any terrorist attack.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

I don't know the whole story, but I find it unfortunate that this had to happen, as I like Jon and the work he does with his videos, but seeing as Jon has some said controversial things lately, it's understandable why Playtonic's doing this. I'm sure Jon's not a bad guy or anything, despite what his personal views are.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

CaptainExplosion said:
Chazore said:

How, how is it just going to be all dumped on a bunch of people that happen to like Jon's content?.

Can you please back this up with concrete evidence, especially after the game goes live in stores. I want to see this, because it remindsme of "lost sales" when talking about piracy, almost as if it's the same deal (when it's not).

Also have you noticed that blaming a group of people, lands you into the same ring as those you despise?, because saying they should buy the game, that they should support your view, your decision, doesn't exactly sound remotely fair at all, if anything it sounds selfish and entitled, as we all are allowed to make our own decisions,e specially when it comes to purchases, you have no right over anyone's to tell them what to buy, in this world and the next. 

I don't at all agree with Jon, but I'm also now at a disagreement with what Platonic is doing to it's customers over on Steam, that is absolutely not the way to go about it whatsoever. Azuren is also in his right to not want to pruchase the game, you cannot and will not tell him to buy the game, ebcause it is not within your rights to impede his own, you can mock him all you want, but it makes you no better and just paints you the same color as those you rally against.

Fuck it. Just fuck it. I don't care anymore. I just want this fucking thread, no this whole fucking situation, to fucking burn away.

With people now having claims that SJW's are worse than invasions, I think mods should lock the thread and whoop out some warnings. Amount of red-flags in here is ridiculous

SJWs claim another trophy for their mantle. So what else is new?

This new culture war waged by far left social justice "progressives" is getting ridiculous.  You cannot continue to socially ostracize and financially punish people simply for having what you deem as the "wrong" opinion about something without there being a serious backlash, especially when such punishment is usually one-sided.  We've already seen such backlash in the form of "Brexit" and Donald Trump's surprise election victory over the past year.  Punishing people just to make a political statement never ends well.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

CaptainExplosion said:
Dravenet7 said:

Has it ever occured to you that you should read my post earlier in the thread, and understand I was simply answering your question?

True.

Chazore said:

has it ever occured to you that you're now defending the devs on all fronts, that's something you should probably look into, because as far as things are going, you are pointing fingers at absolutely everyone, us, Jon tron's base, Jon himself and anyone else who dares to question Platonic or even the other side. 

You know, you just made me realise something; Gamers are a bunch of whiny, entitled, overreacting, thin-skinned, irrational, fanatical manchildren, and they're probably the key reason the gaming industry has been collapsing in on itself, not helped by excessive drama over social media.

This is especially evident where they take nearly every good thing that comes, like Yooka-Laylee for instance, and drag it through the mother fucking cowshit until it's stained beyond repair, causing it to become unbearible to everyone else. ESPECIALLY other gamers who just want to play fun video games.

This thread is a decrepid condemned building that needs to be fucking burned down, and all the shit inside it as well, because there's nowhere else it can fucking go.

So, you went on this whole rant just because people are choosing not to buy Yooka-Laylee because they don't like the decisions Playtonic made and how they're acting right now, which those people choosing not to buy have every right to do so since it's their money?

It seems you're pretty set on defending Playtonic no matter what they do because according to your logic it's "b-but we might not get another game likee this from them again!11!" You even said just as much yourself earlier in this thread. Too bad then. People have every right to cancel their orders of this game if they don't like the way the developers caved into the situation (and are now banning people on the steam forums apparently), and if it loses a significant amount of sales because of that (which I doubt, but it is possible) then Playtonic only have themselves to blame, not the "whiny, entitled manchildren" you say they are that decided to spend their money elsewhere.