By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

CaptainExplosion said:
VGPolyglot said:

I am an anarchist communist, of course I'm going to have very anti-elite/establishment beliefs, but CaptainExplosion seems to be directing his anger at people for not wanting to buy a game, when it doesn't really harm anyone if they don't.

Does the word bankrupsy not ring a bell?

The number of people not buying that game because of this are miniscule. They're not going to be the ones making or breaking the game's success. I'm not buying it either, though it has nothing to do with political reasons (the game's too expensive for me to justify its purchase).

Around the Network
Chazore said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's divide and conquer, the elite get us to fight each other so they can more easily rule us.

There is an elite?.

Capitalist elite, political elite, etc. Though this isn't a political thread so if I try to get into a discussion over this the mods will get on my ass.

theDX said:
VGPolyglot said:

I am an anarchist communist, of course I'm going to have very anti-elite/establishment beliefs, but CaptainExplosion seems to be directing his anger at people for not wanting to buy a game, when it doesn't really harm anyone if they don't.

I just think it's funny how you are against the elite/establishment because they use politics to divide us and rule over us, but you also think identity politics are important even though they are one of the tools used by the elite/establishment to divide us and rule over us.

Well, I don't like the other option, which is letting people go unchecked with their racism.

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

See, the problem is that for some, he was a major selling point. 

I went from uninterested to totally buying it and back around to definitely not getting it in a single image showcasing JonTron's inclusion, followed by his exclusion. He was literally the reason my interest went from probably not to definitely.

So, I dunno, maybe shut up and stop telling people what they are and are not allowed to do with their own money based on their wants and beliefs?

No, because if enough idiots refuse to buy the game, we won't get another game from Playtonic.

I've waited far too long for something as good as Playtonic to come around, and I'm not gonna have butthurt JonTron fans ruin it over such a petty controversey.

Yeah, you're getting REALLY baity. Maybe reel it in a bit? People are allowed to not buy whatever they want for whatever reason. And if Playtonic crumbles because they caved to a wave of crybaby millennial SJWs, then let Playtonic be made an example of. I'm honestly sick and tired of SJWs getting people fired for having opinions.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No, because if enough idiots refuse to buy the game, we won't get another game from Playtonic.

I've waited far too long for something as good as Playtonic to come around, and I'm not gonna have butthurt JonTron fans ruin it over such a petty controversey.

Yeah, you're getting REALLY baity. Maybe reel it in a bit? People are allowed to not buy whatever they want for whatever reason. And if Playtonic crumbles because they caved to a wave of crybaby millennial SJWs, then let Playtonic be made an example of. I'm honestly sick and tired of infants with keyboards getting people fired. 

You can't fire someone who doesn't work for you.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
EricFabian said:
what he said?

He got destroyed in an argument in a Streaming Show, he wanted to argue about how racism and so on goes both ways which is fair enough but he went about it in the most stupid, to give you an idea it included making sweeping arguments about non whites and immigrants which I won't repeat due to how politically heated this site gets and all of his arguments got shut down by Destiny and co.

He destroyed himself in an argument. The other guy was just asking questions.

I listened to it yesterday. Jon comes across as one of the most fuzzy thinkers and least articulate people I've ever seen.

I don't really believe that he has that bad views really, he's just absolutely terrible at arguing something clearly. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Yeah, you're getting REALLY baity. Maybe reel it in a bit? People are allowed to not buy whatever they want for whatever reason. And if Playtonic crumbles because they caved to a wave of crybaby millennial SJWs, then let Playtonic be made an example of. I'm honestly sick and tired of SJWs getting people fired for having opinions.

No, poorly worded comments got Jon taken out of the game. He didn't work for Playtonic, so they weren't able to fire him.

No, SJWs who can't handle opposing points of view got a paying contract terminated. You want to argue semantics, fine; he wasn't fired, but they cost him a nice paycheck and a spot in gaming history. That might even be worse than "firing" him.

Azuren said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No, poorly worded comments got Jon taken out of the game. He didn't work for Playtonic, so they weren't able to fire him.

No, SJWs who can't handle opposing points of view got a paying contract terminated. You want to argue semantics, fine; he wasn't fired, but they cost him a nice paycheck and a spot in gaming history. That might even be worse than "firing" him.

No, Playtonic did it. SJWs didn't make the decision to do it.

VGPolyglot said:
Azuren said:

No, Playtonic did it. SJWs didn't make the decision to do it.

Why did Playtonic do it?

Oh, that's right. SJWs blew it up. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

Distancing yourself from someone who blundered during a debate doesn't make someone an SJW.

They distanced themselves because of the negative publicity shared and blown up by SJWs.