By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

SpokenTruth said:
KLXVER said:

Its a fucked up thing to say, but Im not going to label him a racist because of it. At no point in the several years Ive known about him has he done or said anything racist, so theres no pattern here. If he continues to speak like this, then I will change my mind. I highly doubt he will though.

You don't need a pattern.  You don't say such things without believing them. 

Imagine back in 1964 when the Civil Rights Acts were passed.  All the racists that were against it stopped publicly saying racists things.  That didn't stop them from being racists.  My point being that you don't have to say racists things constantly to be racist.  You just have to open your mouth once and remove all doubt.

Oh, so one misinformed statement can automatically make you a racist forever.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
KLXVER said:

Im sure he did believe what he said at the time, but he explained that he was wrong about several things in his apology video. Its just harder for me to label someone something based on a few minutes out of their entire lives.

It only took a few minutes of that White supremicist's life to go into a church and kill black people, it also only took a few minutes for that Kramer to go off on a racist tirade so I don't think you're putting forward a good case here tbh, those few minutes may actually show who the person actually is, just saying.

Yeah, I kinda knew someone would give me extreme examples as soon as I posted it. Obviously you can judge the guy who killed several people...                         

CaptainExplosion said:
So many idiots choosing not to buy Yooka-Laylee because of the JonTron fiasco . I can't even say I'm surprised anymore.

What next? Are people gonna stop watching My Little Pony for supporting gun control?

Look, I don't agree with what Jon said, and guess what? He's being mature about it. So is Playtonic. It's not like they suddenly reacted with "Feck you ya bloody right-wing wanker, suck our willies!!", or something like that. They're just distancing themselves from controversial statements.

And despite this there are people constantly saying "Hurr durr, I won't buy teh Yooka-Laylee no cuz no Jon, durr, they's SJWs!!".

Just stop whining and bitching about Jon not being in Yooka-Laylee, enjoy the game if you want it, but shut up about it okay?

See, the problem is that for some, he was a major selling point. 

I went from uninterested to totally buying it and back around to definitely not getting it in a single image showcasing JonTron's inclusion, followed by his exclusion. He was literally the reason my interest went from probably not to definitely.

So, I dunno, maybe shut up and stop telling people what they are and are not allowed to do with their own money based on their wants and beliefs?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
These fuckers are learning the hard way that they better be silent with their racist BS ideas.

Did you watch it? 

I love this repeating pattern each time pol/race talks are discussed, always one side telling the other to remain silent and to go away/shut up forever. I look at these examples over the decades and wonder if we'll ever evolve past them, I'm not thinking that's possible, not with how we've remained the same way when it comes to pol for decades, if not centuries.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
I love this repeating pattern each time pol/race talks are discussed, always one side telling the other to remain silent and to go away/shut up forever. I look at these examples over the decades and wonder if we'll ever evolve past them, I'm not thinking that's possible, not with how we've remained the same way when it comes to pol for decades, if not centuries.

It's divide and conquer, the elite get us to fight each other so they can more easily rule us.

CaptainExplosion said:
Anfebious said:
I thought this through and I will be pre ordering this game again.

It's just stupid to cancel my pre order for something like this. Pre order restored.

Nice to know you still have working braincells.

Getting pretty close to being bait. 

CaptainExplosion said:
Azuren said:

See, the problem is that for some, he was a major selling point. 

I went from uninterested to totally buying it and back around to definitely not getting it in a single image showcasing JonTron's inclusion, followed by his exclusion. He was literally the reason my interest went from probably not to definitely.

So, I dunno, maybe shut up and stop telling people what they are and are not allowed to do with their own money based on their wants and beliefs?

No, because if enough idiots refuse to buy the game, we won't get another game from Playtonic.

I've waited far too long for something as good as Playtonic to come around, and I'm not gonna have butthurt JonTron fans ruin it over such a petty controversey.

You know what, there's things to get worked up over, like racism. People not wanting to buy a game is not one of them.

theDX said:
VGPolyglot said:

It's divide and conquer, the elite get us to fight each other so they can more easily rule us.

VGPolyglot said:

You know what, there's things to get worked up over, like racism. People not wanting to buy a game is not one of them.

lol

I am an anarchist communist, of course I'm going to have very anti-elite/establishment beliefs, but CaptainExplosion seems to be directing his anger at people for not wanting to buy a game, when it doesn't really harm anyone if they don't.

VGPolyglot said:
Chazore said:

There is an elite?.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"