By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yooka Laylee remove 'controversial' Youtuber JonTron from game

FloatingWaffles said:
VGPolyglot said:

As long as oppression and discrimination exists, there will be people opposing it.

I don't really get what you mean by this? In regards to the  bolded I mean.

You said how "SJWs" will continuously find something to be upset about, and I said that as long as discrimination and oppression exist (which it cotinunously has), then there'll be those that oppose said discrimination and oppression.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
FloatingWaffles said:

I don't really get what you mean by this? In regards to the  bolded I mean.

You said how "SJWs" will continuously find something to be upset about, and I said that as long as discrimination and oppression exist (which it cotinunously has), then there'll be those that oppose said discrimination and oppression.

Ah, ok. 

It's especially dumb to see people being angry about things that are non-issues and affect nobody's life though, like the Overwatch butt pose and the Colin Moriarty joke tweet from like a week ago and even this Jontron voice in Yooka-Laylee thing. Things like those aren't going to personally affect anybody's life, so to see people trying to go to such lengths to be outraged about them when they could be putting that anger or effort towards a better cause or real problem in the world is just dumb. 

If they wanna be outraged about something they can at least try to put it to a decent cause and not just because there's a voice of someone who had a controversial opinion in a game some of them probably weren't ever gonna buy in the first place anyway.

When people see others like that getting angry about stuff as trivial as that stuff that's what makes it seem like those people are just looking for things to try and be angry towards at this point.

SpokenTruth said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Ah, ok. 

It's especially dumb to see people being angry about things that are non-issues and affect nobody's life though, like the Overwatch butt pose and the Colin Moriarty joke tweet from like a week ago and even this Jontron voice in Yooka-Laylee thing. Things like those aren't going to personally affect anybody's life,

Try being on the receiving end of this kind of discrimination and racism and tell us again how this kind of mentality doesn't affect anybody's life.

Out of everything somehow THAT'S what you managed to think that's what my comment meant?  That I was excusing racism or discrimination? 

No. Despite whether you like Jontron or not or think what he said was racist or not, him being in the game doesn't affect someone's life in making it worse or any better for said person, I doubt it even affects JonTron's life since I doubt it's like he NEEDED the voice cameo in this game, it was probably just a nice gesture on Playtonic's part due to Jon being such a Banjo-Kazooie fan. JonTron even had a tweet sent out where while he said he was dissapointed in the decision, he still wished the game well. 

By all means, if you think Jontron having a voice (or used to) in this game would somehow affect someone's personal life feel free to correct me and explain how. 

KLXVER said:
Turkish said:

Dont forget the 3rd thing: being a racist asshole

Hilarious of you to ignore that tho

I dont think hes a racist...

Are you for real? What part of "wealthy black people commit more crimes than poor white people" is not racist?

People like you are just unbelievable. It's so hard calling a neonazi a neonazi when you're biased as hell.

Turkish said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wouldn't hold my breath. If they allow Varg Vikernes (his YT name is ThuleanPerspective), someone who murdered his own bandmate, burned down churches, and constantly complains about Jews destroying Western society and attempting to defend Hitler by saying that he was actually anti-Christian to have a YouTube account, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't close JonTron. Especially considering that Varg's videos are mainly political, while JonTron is not a politics focused channel.

They need to ban the neonazi filth from Youtube, it's shitty how white supremacy is getting more mainstream.

JonTron is now a neonazi? Guy is pretty dumb, but when people throw out the most heinous labels they can think of, it only weakens what you're saying.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Turkish said:

They need to ban the neonazi filth from Youtube, it's shitty how white supremacy is getting more mainstream.

JonTron is now a neonazi? Guy is pretty dumb, but when people throw out the most heinous labels they can think of, it only weakens what you're saying.

If you dont know what nazism means and what comments like "brown people weaken our gene pool" means then you probably shouldn't be talking about these topics.

But lets not call him a neonazi, fine, he's just a regular racist, those guys are normal and less heinous than neonazis. "JonTron is just dumb and doesnt know what he's saying" is just another silly excuse to normalize his behavior, he's a sane grown ass man, he knows what he's saying.

Turkish said:
KLXVER said:

I dont think hes a racist...

Are you for real? What part of "wealthy black people commit more crimes than poor white people" is not racist?

People like you are just unbelievable. It's so hard calling a neonazi a neonazi when you're biased as hell.

Its a fucked up thing to say, but Im not going to label him a racist because of it. At no point in the several years Ive known about him has he done or said anything racist, so theres no pattern here. If he continues to speak like this, then I will change my mind. I highly doubt he will though.

His argument about Japan is flawed as well. Who lived in Japan a thousand years ago? And who lived in the territory that is now the US? He's pretty much an ignorant bigot and deserves to be treated as such.

Poliwrathlord said:
Wow. I won't buy a game developed by pussies. This was gonna be a day one but for me. No way I'm buying it now.

Isn't Jon the real pussy here? The developers actually took a stand and showed him his limits. He is the one who tied to backtrack on his statements like a pussy.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

KLXVER said:
Turkish said:

Its a fucked up thing to say, but Im not going to label him a racist because of it. At no point in the several years Ive known about him has he done or said anything racist, so theres no pattern here. If he continues to speak like this, then I will change my mind. I highly doubt he will though.

Of course he's hasn't said anything racist in your opinion when you dismiss everything racist as not racist.