By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Mar 13th - 19th 2017

zorg1000 said:
Jranation said:
Whats the LT for Nintendo land? Any chance of 1 2 Switch beating that?

according to the game database, about 470k in Japan

Ah thankyou! I don't think it can beat it. Unless somehow it goes viral. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

I know it is supply constrained, but so is every console at launch.

Not true.

It took about 3.5 months for 3DS & Wii U to sell through their 1st month shipments in Japan and it took a month for Vita to sell through its day 1 shipments in Japan.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nier Automata getting close to 300k yessssssssss
Good hold for the Swtch.
MHXX couldn't hit 1 million, poor it.
I guess PS3 got a boost because it's being discontinued.

thismeintiel said:
Soundwave said:

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Splatoon 2 really needs to be early summer, if it's like late summer such as August or September ... I think the system could have some issues with sales until S2 is out. 

They're definitely not great.  Not horrible, either.  According to the graph, it is on par with the Vita launch.  I know it is supply constrained, but so is every console at launch.  We have yet to find out if Nintendo just can't make enough to meet demand or if they are making just enough to meet demand every week.  We'll find out in the coming weeks.  If it's the latter, things won't be looking so great for the Switch, at least until a price cut or more major releases.

Bro its supply restraint and the other consoles werent. Can we wait for Switch demand to catch up. As of now its beating nintendos expectations and its selling out with basically ship=sold (though only 3 weeks but will continue for at least another week or so)

Horizon is showing legs. Cool! It will sell 200K in Japan. That's awesome!.
Great legs for Zelda. Well deserved.

Great for Senran Kagura because this game plays different from the normal Senran Kagura games.

Nier with thos 2B legs! wow.

Terrible sales for SOA.
Terrible sales for MonHun and with the 2M expectation of Capcom this is bad. It will reach it will not meet the expectation.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Splatoon 2 really needs to be early summer, if it's like late summer such as August or September ... I think the system could have some issues with sales until S2 is out. 

Difference is that with Switch they selling immediately everything they can ship.

Don't forget MK8 Deluxe in late April, MK is always one of strongest game in Japan, and actually it's one of strongest Wii U/3DS games in Japan, so MK8 Deluxe that could be played on to go definitely will move some good numbers of Switch, also we dont know what effect will have ARMS it could easily be a hit, and of course Splatoon 2 will make numbers go crazy in Japan.

Dengeki up.

Nier automata is already sitting at 430k just from Japan ps4 sales + steam (according to SteamSpy).

RenCutypoison said:
Nier automata is already sitting at 430k just from Japan ps4 sales + steam (according to SteamSpy).

I think it's very easy to say they've shipped over 1m without counting Steam in the equation at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.