By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Mar 13th - 19th 2017

RolStoppable said:
tak13 said:

Plus that 3DS  sold 42k last week up from 23k..  The 5th major title MH gives a boost to 3DS which has sold almost 23m, has entered in the path towards it 7th year and with its  successor ( if it really is, at least in its current  form )  having been released three weeks ago!

Why wouldn't Switch be the 3DS successor in its current form? Look at the size of a 3DS XL (the better selling model) and Switch with Joy-Cons detached, it's almost the same size. Switch may be more expensive than 3DS was, but it's also more versatile (both at home and on the go), so cost isn't a serious issue either (and could be corrected if necessary). Battery life is also in the same ballpark. Revisions are going to improve various aspects of Switch, but the 3DS went through the same thing, as did previous Nintendo handhelds.

Yeah, I said that before and someone disputed it, but as you point out, detached... Attached? It's slim and its vertical  is small, howbeit it's elongated!

I always refer to  the portion of handheld console gamers who are uninterested in home gaming on tv ( At least those who bought a 3DS after the urgent huge price drop, or after the revisions, since 3DS initially costed only 50$ less than switch ) ! Otherwise, switch is the perfect deal!

Mario kart 8 on handheld mode... Massive visual leap from Mario kart 7, as switch  technologically over 3DS,  ergo way enticing but is it enticing enough, to ignore that: From 169-199$ and 39$ to 299$ and 49$! 

Also, the repurchasability in case of a switch breaks down? You will have  spend 600$ for two switches while you spent 340-400$ for two 3DS & XL OG/NEW.

( And I haven't metioned the overly cheap 2DS, albeit 2DS accounts only for 7.5m  of the 65.3m 3DS but it's a  substantial number in general. )

Ultimately, we don't disagree much! You basically imply that cheaper switch mini/lite should be released ( as many other revisions, in order  to cover all the needs ) but you don't see it as imperative as I see it!

Anyway!

Do you prefer me to say that switch even at its current form it's the 3ds successor but not the proper one in my opinion?

Around the Network

Switch doing really well, even with stock issues

Looks like Mario Maker 3DS is going to hit 1M next week

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Splatoon 2 really needs to be early summer, if it's like late summer such as August or September ... I think the system could have some issues with sales until S2 is out. 

Boutros said:
Final Fantasy XV - 4.023 / 961.099 (+26%)

Zomg!

Yesssssssss

1M at retail is a given' by now

lonerism said:
Boutros said:

Zomg!

Yesssssssss

Well it was always a given since the first shipment was 1.06m :p

But it's nice to see that it should get there without reaching bargain bin price.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
lonerism said:

Yesssssssss

But it's nice to see that it should get there without reaching bargain bin price.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232559912&postcount=204

I love neogaf, such a warm and sweet place 

/s

lonerism said:
Boutros said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=232559912&postcount=204

I love neogaf, such a warm and sweet place 

/s

That user is trash ignore him!

Boutros said:

Zomg!

Only 25k to go.

Get to 100k, KH.

Soundwave said:

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Splatoon 2 really needs to be early summer, if it's like late summer such as August or September ... I think the system could have some issues with sales until S2 is out. 

So premature, even the wiiu was killing it. Yes i know holiday but switch is sold out still. Hold the phone a minute pls!

Soundwave said:

like i said in the other thread you cant just look at the pure numbers, you have to take into account sell through, 3DS only had 75% sell through at the end of March 2011.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.