By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - Mar 13th - 19th 2017

Hiku said:
Safiir said:
Do the FF15 numbers include digital?

No. It had the "biggest digital launch ever in Japan" whatever that means, but we can assume it probably passed the 1M a long time ago digital included.
But it will be nice if it does it with retail copies.

Yeah, exactly what I wondered. Far from the franchise being doomed. Not all that great, either though.

Around the Network

MonHun either needs to be expanded or put to a break. That's a pretty terrible showing for it and for SAO.

Senran Kagura did way better than I expected. Takaki has to be pretty happy with that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Great sales for the 3DS and the Switch! It seems like MHXX gave a pushed to the 3DS!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Soundwave said:

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Or maybe because the 3DS is a handheld and the Switch is a console....... :P And Japan do love their handhelds. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I know we got graph, but what is the raw number comparison for launch consoles including switch.

I still don't understand why Nintendo or Retailers would accept so much Wii U stock when it was an obvious slow start, Switch might have a chance with it being more Japan friendly.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
I know we got graph, but what is the raw number comparison for launch consoles including switch.

I still don't understand why Nintendo or Retailers would accept so much Wii U stock when it was an obvious slow start, Switch might have a chance with it being more Japan friendly.

With both the 3DS and Wii U launches Nintendo badly bet on carry over from the DS + Wii Touch Generations/casual craze fads carrying those launches. 

Nintendogs + cats was the main 3DS title, because Nintendogs was so big on DS, Nintendo figured they could sell for months with just that. 

Ditto for Wii U, they figured New Super Mario Bros. U which sold huge on the Wii and another mini-game compilation in Nintendo Land had it all sewn up for them as far as a great launch. 

They were horribly, horribly mistaken when the casual portion of the DS/Wii bases was not coming back and then they had to scramble to appeal to core Nintendo fans again. 

FfXV on its Road to glory. About 39k to go but that doesn't include about 15k sold directly by SE themselves.

It will hit 1m+ retail and including digital probably 1.1-1.2m!

Whats the LT for Nintendo land? Any chance of 1 2 Switch beating that?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Whats the LT for Nintendo land? Any chance of 1 2 Switch beating that?

according to the game database, about 470k in Japan

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Soundwave said:

I dunno if those Switch sales are all that great, but I guess Nintendo is not shipping a ton, but that's well below the 3DS and the 3DS even had a massive earthquake + tsunami hit in its third week.

Splatoon 2 really needs to be early summer, if it's like late summer such as August or September ... I think the system could have some issues with sales until S2 is out. 

They're definitely not great.  Not horrible, either.  According to the graph, it is on par with the Vita launch.  I know it is supply constrained, but so is every console at launch.  We have yet to find out if Nintendo just can't make enough to meet demand or if they are making just enough to meet demand every week.  We'll find out in the coming weeks.  If it's the latter, things won't be looking so great for the Switch, at least until a price cut or more major releases.