By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Switch for a Metroid game by FromSoftware ?

Tagged games:

You would buy a switch for a metroid game by fromsoftware ?

Yes 62 34.07%

No 51 28.02%

i dont know 17 9.34%

i already have a switch 52 28.57%

Total:182

I don't want to insult Metroid in any way but let's be honest From Software would never work on a Metroid game.

Around the Network

Don't think I'd want From making a Metroid game. Seems like an odd choice.

maybe

But I think a Metroid 2D by Drinkbox studio would be a much better option.

maxleresistant said:

maybe

But I think a Metroid 2D by Drinkbox studio would be a much better option.

I love me some DrinkBox :)

The studio is probably busy with Guacamelee! 2 though.

I don't see how from software can make a shooter, also with fps and third person games evolving so much throughout the years, i don't see Nintendo being able to make a relevant Metroid game.

Around the Network

I'd be much more interested in evolving the Other M character and continuing the cinematic take on Metroid. Tighter controls, better designed levels, and multiple world exploration I think is where they need to take the series, but I'm not sure the power is there hardware wise to realize that, so just build on everything in Other M. IMO we don't need to go back to Prime, it's perfect the way it was for its time and they need to keep evolving the series.

*edit* As for From Software making it, I don't see them making great platforming levels which is half of the metroidvania formula. I don't think FS should make it.

Someone new needs to do a Metroid with a new formula, because every 3D Metroid has been pretty mediocre as far as i'm concerned.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I've never played a Souls game so I wouldn't know what to expect there, but I would like another developer to attempt to make Metroid. Personally I'd like Platinum to give it a shot.

I bought it for a Zelda game from Nintendo.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I have been thinking about this, and I think the answer is yes. The parallels are obvious. But I don't want it to be solely From Software. I think they can work on the level design, atmosphere and lore with the Super Metroid guys screening decisions, much like how Aonuma and Miyamoto would screen decisions in Breath of the Wild's development. 

Compare maps of Dark Souls and a Metroid game. They both have the same level design and exploration patterns.