By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Switch for a Metroid game by FromSoftware ?

Tagged games:

You would buy a switch for a metroid game by fromsoftware ?

Yes 62 34.07%

No 51 28.02%

i dont know 17 9.34%

i already have a switch 52 28.57%

Total:182

Nintendo themselves should make a new metroid, they probably are on it already. I want a new ip by FS

Around the Network

Certainly, though I'd probably get one for Fire Emblem before a Metroid could be released for it. I'd definitely trust From with atmosphere and level design. The one area of concern would be the general "feel" of controlling Samus (we've yet to have that done particularly well in 3D third person, and From has never done first person or 2D), but I'd bet on them getting something done that works out well. Or, alternatively, they could create a new protagonist with an entirely new feel.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
maxleresistant said:

maybe

But I think a Metroid 2D by Drinkbox studio would be a much better option.

I love me some DrinkBox :)

The studio is probably busy with Guacamelee! 2 though.

I'm totally ok with a Guacamelee 2 instead.

It's nintendo's loss if they don't want to make another proper metroid

The only Nintendo franchise I'd be interested to see From to work with is Zelda.
BOTW exploration, classic Zelda dungeon design, Soulslike combat = best game ever

I already have a Switch, no plans or desire buy a Metroid game.

I don't see the appeal of any of the games past Metroid 1/2 NES/GB. I tried Super Metroid, Prime, and Prime 3. Not my kind of games, too empty feeling.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I will buy Switch for any proper Metroid game (not some bs like Federation Force). No matter who the developer is

No to anything that doesn't consist of a complete partnership with an actual Nintendo team.

tripenfall said:
Retro Studios sure have been quiet of late, surely Metroid Prime 4 will be unveiled for Switch @ E3?

Retro Studios was quiet before they announced Tropical Freeze as well.

From Software with decent shooting mechanics? Haha good one. I love From Software, probably my favorite Dev team of all time, but I don't like their armored core series, and if From Software really made Metroid, I think that's how they're going to do it.

Did this thread came from Gamespot ? 

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/would-you-like-a-metroid-made-by-from-software-33385404/#44