Forums - Sony Discussion - Best RPG developer on PS4 this generation?

?

CD Projekt Red 106 32.32%

From Software 62 18.90%

Guerilla Games 60 18.29%

Bioware 7 2.13%

Bethesda 8 2.44%

Team Ninja 6 1.83%

Square Enix 36 10.98%

Other 43 13.11%

Total:328

Can't go with anything else than CD Projekt RED, since The Witcher 3 is the GOTG so far.

Still, I gotta say that praising them for the lore of the game is kinda undeserved. It's like praising a dev who makes a Lord of the Rings game for the lore. That credit goes to Andrzej Sapkowski and his outstanding books, which I recommend to everyone!

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Bandorr said:

I like it being narrowed down. NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1-4, psp/vita, gameboy/ds/3ds, xbox, pc.

That is seriously just too much to remember.

You could include it to that generation (ps4/xbox one/wii u) but that doesn't change much. It gets you mirage sessions and I think that is it.

I didn't mean aaaaall those platforms. Indeed that would just be insane. Just the current gen platforms I mean.

The xbox one has no RPGS that I'm aware of. The wii U has mirage sessions. Anything else?

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Lets see, ive played over a dozen rpgs on ps4 and most of them are from square enix and i enjoyed them all so id say square enix is the best.

You should say in the OP/title that it's about "big games", and add Platinum there, btw.
Otherwise NIS should be there.

BraLoD said:
You should say in the OP/title that it's about "big games", and add Platinum there, btw.
Otherwise NIS should be there.

Are Platinum/NIS not included in "Other"?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network

How are people voteing for Fallout 4?
They butchered alot of rpg elements from fallout, and shouldnt get a vote imo, not as best rpg developer.

CD Projekt Red > Guerilla Games > From Software.

Also I think Atlus would like a word with this thread, after Persona 5 releases.

JRPGfan said:

They butchered alot of rpg elements from fallout, and shouldnt get a vote imo, not as best rpg developer.

Yet by putting GG 2nd it seems you don't really care about RPG elements that much either

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
JRPGfan said:

Yet by putting GG 2nd it seems you don't really care about RPG elements that much either

I think its cuz fallout is a series, and HZD is something new. So I dont hold them to the same standart.

Fallout 1,2 where much more rpg focused, even the 3+NV (which had rpg elements cut) had more than fallout4.

Just dont think you should reward them with "best rpg developers" when they cut out stuff for seemingly no reason.

CD-Projekt, easily, followed by From Software.

Without a shadow of a doubt the best developer for RPG's this generation has to go to Capcom.

What they did with Street fighter 5 was amazing!

Leaving a huge portion of what many thought would be in the main game still "out there" has resulted in probably the best "fetch quest" in video-game history.

Players are still looking for it!

:-J

-VIDEOGAME NINJA APPROVED-