By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Best RPG developer on PS4 this generation?

?

CD Projekt Red 106 32.32%

From Software 62 18.90%

Guerilla Games 60 18.29%

Bioware 7 2.13%

Bethesda 8 2.44%

Team Ninja 6 1.83%

Square Enix 36 10.98%

Other 43 13.11%

Total:328
Scisca said:
Mummelmann said:

I haven't seen the English translation, but I'd expect it to lose a chunk of its magic. It's the same with the games, while I always prefer to play (or watch movies) in English instead of Polish translations, I can't imagine the same thing with The Witcher. That unique Slavic vibe would be lost and the experience wouldn't be as rich, the jokes as tigh and punchy. Our languages, while much more difficult, give a skilled author more room to play with words and express himself than the English language.

What's also worth noting is that Sapkowski's books do not fall into the typical fantasy scheme of good vs evil. You know, basically every fantasy story follows the same general script - be it Eragon, LotR, Star Wars, etc. Not really the case here. Geralt isn't your typical medieval knight, coming to save the day.

Also, I'm gonna brag at bit Last month Sapkowski came to my office to sorf out his legal issue and became my client! I've been happy like crazy about it for a fair number of days

Yeah, all literature is best in its original language, translation is difficult and there are hundreds of jokes and proverbs I know in Norwegian and Swedish that simply don't translate well to other languages.

The moral ambiguity is one of the main reasons I find The Witcher games so far up on my list of favorites, it goes against most conventions in the genre and creates a world filled with people and creatures who are more or less gray and not black & white when it comes to the decisions they make. There was one sidequest in particular in TW3 (not gonna spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it) that ties into the main story, that utterly blew my mind and used this moral ambiguity to perfection, I literally had to pause the game and go out to think about what happened. Not only because it impacted the game world and characters that I genuinely cared about, but also because it was so inspiring for a wannabe writer like myself to see it executed so well. Going back to games like Fallout 4, Skyrim or Horizon: Zero Dawn just feels like stepping into a world of children's cartoons in comparison, it's so soft and lacking in consequence.

Congrats on landing Sapkowski as a client, that's really awesome!

Around the Network

Team ninja

twintail said:
Cloudman said:
I wonder why this is strictly focused on the PS4. This could make for a fun discussion opening up to all platforms, looking at what companies have made for each of them and their overall work so far this gen.

Because the OP only wanted to talk about PS4 software.

There is no need to try and make this thread into something it isn't.

Hey now, it was just a suggestion to open up the discussion more.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

CD Projekt is my vote.

I absolutely loved HZD, but CD Projekt nailed TW3 and upcoming titles have me more excited than any other developer.

Cloudman said:
I wonder why this is strictly focused on the PS4. This could make for a fun discussion opening up to all platforms, looking at what companies have made for each of them and their overall work so far this gen.

This website has lots of Nintendo fans and I don't want them listing some RPG on Wii U mostly due to them not having a PS4.

Also I don't have a Wii U and them talking about some game I haven't played would put me in the dark in my own thread. Also like someone else threads there are fifty threads a day on Zelda anyways.

Around the Network
GOWTLOZ said:
Cloudman said:

This website has lots of Nintendo fans and I don't want them listing some RPG on Wii U mostly due to them not having a PS4.

Also I don't have a Wii U and them talking about some game I haven't played would put me in the dark in my own thread. Also like someone else threads there are fifty threads a day on Zelda anyways.

What about the other platforms though. Cloud has a point. You're also putting Nintendo fans in the dark by that last bit of logic, well anyone else as well that doesn't own or use a PS4.

Also as an example of what you said before about choosing a game you haven't played, look at your other thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226964

BB was chosen the most, which exists only on PS4, so that is basically voted high by PS4 users, so what you didn't want to happen in this thread has already happened in the other. Maybe opening up to other platforms will be the better idea now since the other one has already run with what you didn't want happening, unless you think it's fine for PS4 fans to vote high and not Nintendo.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
GOWTLOZ said:

What about the other platforms though. Cloud has a point. You're also putting Nintendo fans in the dark by that last bit of logic, well anyone else as well that doesn't own or use a PS4.

Also as an example of what you said before about choosing a game you haven't played, look at your other thread: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226964

BB was chosen the most, which exists only on PS4, so that is basically voted high by PS4 users, so what you didn't want to happen in this thread has already happened in the other. Maybe opening up to other platforms will be the better idea now since the other one has already run with what you didn't want happening, unless you think it's fine for PS4 fans to vote high and not Nintendo.

You can go ahead with that. I want this thread to be for PS4 users as well as any other gamer who has played any of the RPG's available on PS4.

PS4 users do have access to Dark Souls 2 and 3 and Nioh still they chose Bloodborne so they're opinions are balanced at least. Wii U users have none of the games I mentioned in the poll so their library of games is entirely different and there is no way a Wii U only gamer can play anyt of these games so their opinion will be less balanced.

FromSoftware

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

GOWTLOZ said:

You can go ahead with that. I want this thread to be for PS4 users as well as any other gamer who has played any of the RPG's available on PS4.

PS4 users do have access to Dark Souls 2 and 3 and Nioh still they chose Bloodborne so they're opinions are balanced at least. Wii U users have none of the games I mentioned in the poll so their library of games is entirely different and there is no way a Wii U only gamer can play anyt of these games so their opinion will be less balanced.

You know it's going to be very odd to see two of the same exact topic, only with one thread being for a single system and the other for everyone else, this goes for future threads that fit the bill for everyone else.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
GOWTLOZ said:

You know it's going to be very odd to see two of the same exact topic, only with one thread being for a single system and the other for everyone else, this goes for future threads that fit the bill for everyone else.

Do you think we should have an official RPG thread instead? That would be awesome.