By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can we all agree now, that Sony should go third-party?

Should they?

Yes, you're right! 16 30.77%

Are you crazy? Naturally not! 21 40.38%

I didn't thought so yet,... 2 3.85%

dunno 2 3.85%

don't care about Sony 4 7.69%

wanna see results 7 13.46%

Total:52
Sprash said:
Mnementh said:

And if you think: nah, Sony never should go 3rd-party, just imagine Horizon, Uncharted, TLOU, The Last guardian, God of War, ... in 4K and 120 fps. With much more details and effects they do have now. Just imagine.

and paying how much more than the 250 bucks I spend on a ps4 where the game look and run just as great (except last guardian that woudn't run great on the most powerful pc either^^)

Do you think PS runs on some magic sauce? They do have normal technology which is also included in PCs. So clearly the Last Guardian can run on PC too. And price? Just wait a few years and the technology is much cheaper. So you'll be able to play the games for which you couldn't afford the tech before. Even more, on PC the games could be made with scalable graphics, and you can play a game now on lower settings (but should still easily match the ones possible on the years old tech in consoles) but replay it later in all graphics glory. There really is no hindrance. PC-tech that matches consoles is probably a bit more expensive around the launch of a console, but at least a year later you can easily build a PC that matches a console for the same price. And you can even save more if you don't buy completely new hardware every few years but instead upgrade your PC step for step, something not possible for consoles.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
gtaguidelng said:
Sony becoming 3rd party will benefit the gaming community more than nintendo(becoming 3rd party).

While this thread isn't about Nintendo, most of my arguments can be applied to Nintendo too.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

vivster said:
Sprash said:

and paying how much more than the 250 bucks I spend on a ps4 where the game look and run just as great (except last guardian that woudn't run great on the most powerful pc either^^)

No one stops people to buy weak PCs, plug them into the tv and enjoy their games at 20 fps. I mean people are doing that right now. I don't see how additional high end options affect the low end.

but that's the point the games look so great becuase the can max out for one hardware. for sony releasing these games on pc the budget would decrease and developing for all the majority of pc gamer who have a weaker pc than a ps4 the graphics would get gimped down (fps would increase and resolution but the graphics would decrease)

I get it. Because the thread with the thing did it with another thing...

Sprash said:
vivster said:

No one stops people to buy weak PCs, plug them into the tv and enjoy their games at 20 fps. I mean people are doing that right now. I don't see how additional high end options affect the low end.

but that's the point the games look so great becuase the can max out for one hardware. for sony releasing these games on pc the budget would decrease and developing for all the majority of pc gamer who have a weaker pc than a ps4 the graphics would get gimped down (fps would increase and resolution but the graphics would decrease)

Why do you think that? 3D is pretty scalable, you just lay out the maximum and add options to remove certain effects, reduce resolution or fps or simplify the polygons or textures. Most game engines already have these options built into it, there is no need for advanced development there. The developers so could concentrate on the best gaming experience they can imagine and people with hardware not up for the task could deactivate some stuff to get the game running good for them.

And the 'optimization for the machine' was probably some thing of the past, but today nobody hacks together in assembler something tailored to the machine. Game developers use engines, that certainly make use of the consoles features available, but can do so for different PC-configurations too and certainly do not optimize to the metal. That was a thing at NES, SNES-times.

Around the Network

Well OP... unlike a certain other "console", the PS4 actually gets 1st and 3rd party support. Just saying :)

good try though

KLXVER said:
I get it. Because the thread with the thing did it with another thing...

So we cannot think about stuff because others thought about other stuff?

setsunatenshi said:
  Well OP... unlike a certain other "console", the PS4 actually gets 1st and 3rd party support. Just saying :)   

What has that to do with anything? We gamers could get better games available for more people while Sony could make more money off the expanded audience. So how plays support of a console into that?

Play all the games --> decide yourself what hardware you want and how it should look and which controller you want and no costs to play online.

hmmm... OBVIOUSLY I would love it

Twitter @CyberMalistix

But Sony make good hardware.