By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Andromeda: PS4 vs. Xbox One resolution and frame-rate test (Digital Foundry)

The real question is, who would pick this steaming pile over horizon, Zelda or any other recently released game? Other than, you know, Xbox only players who don't have much else to play.

Moderated ~ CGI

Around the Network
NATO said:
The real question is, who would pick this steaming pile over horizon, Zelda or any other recently released game? Other than, you know, Xbox only players who don't have much else to play.

Pretty much. This is what's great about owning all platforms. I made the mistake of buying watchdogs on my Xbox one and not only did the 900p seem ugly but the frame rate wasn't that great either. I don't even want to think about the resolution dip on the one for this game.

Ill get it on sale off Steam like I did with the trilogy. Since I can game in 4k/HDR/60 I honestly don't see the point in buying the console versions. So these comparisons don't interest me anymore. I would like to see the PC performance tests though. Buying this game day one will be full of glitches, better to wait for those optimization patches.

NATO said:

Hmm did you forget that XBox had a little game called Halo Wars 2?

Also maybe the gamers who buy Mass Effect buy it for the story.. You know not everyone is into dinasours.

This is coming from a guy who doesnt play Mass Effect just FYI.

Azzanation said:
NATO said:

Also maybe the gamers who buy Mass Effect buy it for the story.. You know not everyone is into dinasours.

I like Halo Wars 2, but it is actually a 'little' game when compared to things like Horizon or Mass Effect.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
NATO said:

Oh wow such a high profile title, vgc was flooded with threads about it..

p.s. Much else != nothing. Pointing out a relatively small niche game doesn't disprove what I said, it in fact supports it since the biggest hitter you could think of to counter me isn't a big hitter at all.

Xbox only gamers have been getting shafted on releases for a long time now, lesser versions of multiplats and a wiiu-esque drought of major exclusives, only a die hard would go Xbox-only in 2017, which is why so many of their previous supporters (yourself included) jumped ship to Sony or Nintendo.

I'll be buying this on the cheap... Probably next year.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

NATO said:

Steaming pile? lol this game is awesome. Just finished my 10 HR trial and it's the best Rpg I've played this gen.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

GarlandSteve74 said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Don't  mention  that,they someway  always  forget  about  rhe quality  games on ps4.

Uncharted 4 also runs solid.same goes with  infamous  and ratchet and clank.

I have a PS4 Pro with HZD.  Great looking game but 30 FPS with drops down to 25/26FPS on a 'Pro' console sucks.  

With ME:A I can play at 1080/100FPS, 1440/70FPS or 4K/45FPS with every setting maxed on my PC.  Easily 4K/60FPS dropping the settings to high.

That's the beauty of owning all the consoles and a beast of a PC.  I don't have to compromise like most people do.

Uhh pro runs  at 100% 30fps  base ps4 only framedrops  at meridian  and 1 battle 

Yaaay your 1500 pc is better  then mine 380ps4 pro.

Mine Ferrari  is faster then your car >.0 

Also have fun playing  horizon  on your pc.

Moderated ~ CGI

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

NATO said:
Azzanation said:

Oh wow such a high profile title, vgc was flooded with threads about it..

p.s. Much else != nothing. Pointing out a relatively small niche game doesn't disprove what I said, it in fact supports it since the biggest hitter you could think of to counter me isn't a big hitter at all.

Xbox only gamers have been getting shafted on releases for a long time now, lesser versions of multiplats and a wiiu-esque drought of major exclusives, only a die hard would go Xbox-only in 2017, which is why so many of their previous supporters (yourself included) jumped ship to Sony or Nintendo.

Fact is you stated Xbox only gamers have nothing to play and i am just pointing out the facts again.  Halo Wars 2 is a recent game to play on Xbox. Weather you like it or not. 

I never jumped ship mate.  Iv alway been a PC gamer. I branch out to buy consoles when i need to.