By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Andromeda: PS4 vs. Xbox One resolution and frame-rate test (Digital Foundry)

Game still looks very good.

Around the Network

not a huge difference, ps4 version as always is a bit sharper. Luckely the performance is almost identical.

The animations are what really scare me, I will be picking up the PC version but waiting for reviews first lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Random_Matt said:
JRPGfan said:

close as I could get:

Xbox One S  vs PS4 Pro vs PC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBxA80OPCWM

PC >> PS4Pro >>>>>> Xbox One S

So X1s is holding the pro back, look identical more or less.

Which is also going to be an issue for the Scorpio unfortunately.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I only buy Mass Effect games on Xbox, so I'll be okay with performance issues if there are any.

So, low frame rates and low resolutions on console and terrible animations, poor writing and weak voice-acting across the board. This game is off to a great start, it seems. I'm waiting for sure before I get this one (if I do at all).

Around the Network

Those numbers are weird. I thought they were using the same engine as the last three games after watching a gameplay segment that featured Bioware's trademark janky animations.

Bioware games have always looked like shit. Mostly in the animation department. I'm surprised people here just noticed that. Just like everyone here, I'll wait for a good deal before I consider buying it because the gameplay is probably going to be the same but slightly improved, and the story will definitely be borderline campy.

.- -... -.-. -..

PieToast said:
Those numbers are weird. I thought they were using the same engine as the last three games after watching a gameplay segment that featured Bioware's trademark janky animations.

Bioware games have always looked like shit. Mostly in the animation department. I'm surprised people here just noticed that. Just like everyone here, I'll wait for a good deal before I consider buying it because the gameplay is probably going to be the same but slightly improved, and the story will definitely be borderline campy.

I think the thing that throws people off is that they don't seem to have improved much at all since last gen which is strange because animations have improved more than almost anything else in the last 10 years.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

lost all interest when I saw those animations.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
foodfather said:
These DF videos are more pointless now than ever considering there are far more important things that Bioware clearly have not focused on. Animations make a game, not pixels and frame rate. Not sure of ''graphics'' is the cause for MEA's shortcomings, but I would rather games go back to 720p in order to get the fundamentals right.

Animations have always been a problem with Bioware. The framerate and resolution are very important in first and third person shooters.This is why I chose the PS4 version over the Xbox One version. 

PieToast said:

Normchacho said:
PieToast said:

I think the thing that throws people off is that they don't seem to have improved much at all since last gen which is strange because animations have improved more than almost anything else in the last 10 years.

Original trilogy is on Unreal engine. Andromeda got moved over to Frostbite.

The developers have gone on record as saying they think the animations are better than they've ever been before as well. This was before the recent GIF blowout and early access mind you.