By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Andromeda: PS4 vs. Xbox One resolution and frame-rate test (Digital Foundry)

I'll wait for the Scorpio to blow mostly everything out. Still need to beat 3 anyways.

Around the Network

Not sure why but completely lost interest in this...
Got the impression of some Harvest Moon type feel from one of the gameplay trailers.
The game is a complete mess.
A joke.
A joke on us unfortunately.
I remember how excited I was when this was announced a couple of years ago.
Something has gone very wrong.

UnderstatedCornHole said:
Not sure why but completely lost interest in this...
Got the impression of some Harvest Moon type feel from one of the gameplay trailers.
The game is a complete mess.
A joke.
A joke on us unfortunately.
I remember how excited I was when this was announced a couple of years ago.
Something has gone very wrong.

The game is very good tho. The gameplay is the ebst in the series and so is the MP. Yeah the animations suck and facial expressions are bad mostly on female characters. The story overall is still pretty solid imo.

Makes you realize how weak the consoles really are.

An action RPG with consistent drops all the way down to 24 FPS?

Hopefully the Scorpio has a Ryzen chip clocked around 3.5GHz+ so the days of 30 FPS on consoles is over.

If Sony could have done something with the anemic processor in the Pro that system would have no problems running most games at 1440p/60FPS... What a waste.

Times like this make me happy I get to play my multiplats on PC.

GarlandSteve74 said:

Hopefully the Scorpio has a Ryzen chip clocked around 3.5GHz+ so the days of 30 FPS on consoles is over.

If Sony could have done something with the anemic processor in the Pro that system would have no problems running most games at 1440p/60FPS... What a waste.

Around 95W of CPU power on top of a way more powerful GPU? Zero chance. It would be like the original PS3/X360 but worse, on terms of price, heat and power consumption. If it's an octa-core Ryzen, I think it won't be clocked higher than the Jaguars, a bit like the Hierofalcon Opterons (although obviously it would be more powerful than both of these).

Around the Network
haxxiy said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

Around 95W of CPU power on top of a way more powerful GPU? Zero chance. It would be like the original PS3/X360 but worse, on terms of price, heat and power consumption. If it's an octa-core Ryzen, I think it won't be clocked higher than the Jaguars, a bit like the Hierofalcon Opterons (although obviously it would be more powerful than both of these).

The x1700 is a 3.7GHz (boost) chip at 65w.  

The Scorpio doesn't need SMT so something custom at 3.2-3.5GHz at 50-60w isn't at all out of the question.  

Price wise, sure, it will be a more expensive processor than the Jaguar but that's what I want in a 'premium' console.  

MIcrosoft can do it at $500 and I think they will.

Not super enthused about this game in the first place, after the fugly issues & learning more about the creative team, I wouldn't even pirate MEA.

GarlandSteve74 said:

1080P and a nearly locked frame rate in an open world game that looks way better than ME:A.

This is a case of the developer not putting in the time/money needed to properly optimize the game.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

1080P and a nearly locked frame rate in an open world game that looks way better than ME:A.

This is a case of the developer not putting in the time/money needed to properly optimize the game.

Don't  mention  that,they someway  always  forget  about  rhe quality  games on ps4.

Uncharted 4 also runs solid.same goes with  infamous  and ratchet and clank.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Normchacho said:

Don't  mention  that,they someway  always  forget  about  rhe quality  games on ps4.

Uncharted 4 also runs solid.same goes with  infamous  and ratchet and clank.

I have a PS4 Pro with HZD.  Great looking game but 30 FPS with drops down to 25/26FPS on a 'Pro' console sucks.  

With ME:A I can play at 1080/100FPS, 1440/70FPS or 4K/45FPS with every setting maxed on my PC.  Easily 4K/60FPS dropping the settings to high.

That's the beauty of owning all the consoles and a beast of a PC.  I don't have to compromise like most people do.