By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch - Why whould I?

0D0 said:

I feel that you're a MH fan and your concerns show that you're not into Switch at all. So, don't bother with it. In case a new MH comes out for it, than you can think about picking up one.

Otherwise, stay away from it.

Pretty much just a question of when Monster Hunter is coming I think at this point, not if. 

It's going to be the only viable portable system in Japan going forward and MH is a portable centric franchise. 

That's why I don't really stress ever about buying a Nintendo system ... I know I'm going to want Mario/Splatoon/Mario Kart/Zelda/DK/etc. franchises, so I'm going to have to buy the system anyway. The worst that can happen is I pay $50-$80 more for it maybe than I would have otherwise. 

Around the Network

My Xbox One seems to satisfy my gaming needs this gen. I don't really have a desire to get a Switch or ps4. They'd most likely just sit there.

Seventizz said:
My Xbox One seems to satisfy my gaming needs this gen. I don't really have a desire to get a Switch or ps4. They'd most likely just sit there.

So essentially halo and gears??

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Seventizz said:

So essentially halo and gears??

No.

They released an unfinished mess. No games, and they wanna emulate a current gen by bringing games like fifa. The whole point of fifa is ultimate team and stable online gaming experience. I stick to my ps4. I got a 20€ headset to chat with my friend (no phone, no app). I have absolutely noone who has or will buy a switch.
Sorry nintendo, you didnt get the point.

Around the Network
MartinD said:
They released an unfinished mess. No games, and they wanna emulate a current gen by bringing games like fifa. The whole point of fifa is ultimate team and stable online gaming experience. I stick to my ps4. I got a 20€ headset to chat with my friend (no phone, no app). I have absolutely noone who has or will buy a switch.
Sorry nintendo, you didnt get the point.

I didn't get your point either .... what is the point of this thread? It kind of seems like you want to backhandedly bash the switch or get a rise out of the base.

My hardware is just fine and like most of the switch owners Zelda and the promise of other titles to come was enough for me to buy now.

Sounds like you shouldn't bother.

The switch is just another WiiU. It will have some good games but it will have huge draughts aswell because there will be no third party support. I'm still fairly certain that there will be a new Nintendo portable aswell, especially given how sales did not equal wii u + 3DS (just comparable to wii u or wii in japan). So, just wait for that, i'd say.

Soundwave said:
0D0 said:

I feel that you're a MH fan and your concerns show that you're not into Switch at all. So, don't bother with it. In case a new MH comes out for it, than you can think about picking up one.

Otherwise, stay away from it.

Pretty much just a question of when Monster Hunter is coming I think at this point, not if. 

It's going to be the only viable portable system in Japan going forward and MH is a portable centric franchise. 

That's why I don't really stress ever about buying a Nintendo system ... I know I'm going to want Mario/Splatoon/Mario Kart/Zelda/DK/etc. franchises, so I'm going to have to buy the system anyway. The worst that can happen is I pay $50-$80 more for it maybe than I would have otherwise. 

I picked up a Wii U with that in mind. Metroid never came, Star Fox was rubbish, I didn't like Mario 3D World, Zelda took 5 years, Splatoon was a good surprise, though. So I regret have bought a Wii U back in the days. I could have bought it later on for a better price and used that money for something else instead.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

zorg1000 said:
I have never understood the point of threads like this

"convince me to buy something i dont want"

This x1000