By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch - Why whould I?

Hello,

I got a PS4 and a New 3DSXL and a good supply of games.

Now: Switch

- only Zelda (minigames, bomberman,i dont care)

- sold out at amazon, so i must go in a store and hope, or try to get it from those people who sell it +100 

- price is 329€

- i heard the hardware is faulty in some cases (causing scratches, joypad connection(turn off all other devices, even microwave? Are you kidding me?)

- no bluray player?

- all my game friends have a ps4, noone even thinks abt. The switch. So local multiplayer and game borrowing is out.

You know what? I used the wiiu until i got 500hrs of monster hunter, then i sold it all, because the machine became totally useless to me.

Will the switch have the same fate? I think so...

Around the Network

If that is the case, probably best not to bother, indeed

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mmmmmmmm............No. It won't have the same fate as the Wii U. However, as an owner of the Switch I will admit it is not for everyone. If you already own a PS4 and you have a 3DSXL it would be hard to justify another system. However, if you want to play games like Zelda BOTW on the go or you don't own another system, then by all means get it. You probably won't regret it.

Pretty sure Switch is going to have Monster Hunter and you seem like a pretty big fan of that.

There's no rush to buy now, wait until fall or even next year if you want. You'll get likely a price drop or a better bundle if you buy later and more games to choose from.

Zelda is worth $400.

Meh low probability defects that will be fixed shortly but are easy to mitigate now if you are impacted. (Pro Controller and screen protector)

Who the hell cares about bluray player on a portable home games console? like wtf is that even in your list? You have other devices already.

Based on your initial call-out of only interested in Zelda, friends and local or online multiplayer seem unimportant for you at this time anyways. But, I'm betting that will change in 2017 with MK8/Splatoon alone (maybe not for you) and who knows what support we'll see at E3 given how successful the launch has been so far.

Switch definitely won't have same fate as WiiU. (not sure if your statement was only meant to your possible experience or the console overall) This is a great piece of gaming hardware and I'm positive E3 will prove that it will get a lot of software beyond the Nintendo IPs such as Monster Hunter and at least he common yearly titles everyone gets.

Around the Network

I agree. Too expensive IMO. I am not gonna bother plus the only game I care about is zelda and already got that one cover. I am borrowing a wii u from a friend. In your case, you can always get it when it gets a price cut.

Unless you're a die-hard Nintendo fan or a die-hard Zelda fan, pretty much everything points to waiting until the library builds up with more games you like and they address some of the hardware problems. It also lacks multimedia and online features which are supposedly in the works.

If you have other platforms you're happy with then waiting is an even better option.

Personally, I very seldom buy a console until after the first price drop and/or the first revision. Given that the Switch basically has only three games released or announced that I would be interested in buying, it's probably years away from appearing on my radar.

Personally, I wouldn't bother. It currently has not library and it currently cost more than what I - personally - consider its worth. Plus if you live outside USA like myself it probably costs a lot more than $300 (the price in here its almost equivalent to $500USD) I'll probably buy a Switch in 2-3 years when it has a game library to justify that purchase and simply play the Wiiu version of BOTW meanwhile.

The main factor is the matter of when it replaces the 3DS, that system is coming to the end of it's life cycle. If the Switch was to get the games that got you to buy a 3DS (e.g. Pokémon, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter etc.) would that make it eventually a necessary purchase down the line?

Also any minor defects have the same low chance of affecting you as with any device, and you do really wanna stick a bluray in 6.2 inch tablet?

Anyway keep in mind prices will only go down and games will only go up, there is no rush to get one anytime soon, but that doesn't mean that time won't ever come.

In your case, I'd wait at least a year before even considering it.