By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console which is most valuable/most precious to you?

My N64. Got it for Xmas in 1996. I've had so many of my favorite gaming experiences on it: Super Mario 64, GoldenEye, Banjo-Kazooie, Ocarina of Time, etc. Plus it's still going strong. I just beat The World is Not Enough on it last month!

Around the Network

N64. It was the first console to get me really interested in gaming. The controller blew my mind based on how advanced it looked. Realistically it wasn't that ergonomic though.
I had lots of time to play games, all my friends had 64, and Goldeneye was waaay too much fun split screen. 1080 Snowboarding actually got my friends and I into real Snowboarding. Excitebike 64 was great since my friends and I all had dirt bikes. Zelda OoT was a masterpiece, and simply unforgettable. It led me to having to get my hands on a gold, holographic, collectors edition of Zelda MM, which unfortunately fell well short of OoT for me personally. It was also my last NiN console, but a great one at that.

The only consoles i've has as a kid was P1, PS2 and... Atari 2600. Other than that i was exclusively PC gamer for the most time. I only got back into consoles when Wii U came out. I've never had a nintendo console before, so mario kart 8 and smash was looking very enticing to me.

So the answer is, Wii U.

If PC counts, that. Even if I purchase less games per gen on that than another, it still is the MVP for other reasons.

Otherwise, I think the N64 was my all time favorite. Probably due to the age I was during that time. I was like 12. Such good times playing games on that system with friends, in person, split screen.

Funny how we could spend hundreds of hours playing 4 player co-op golden eye on a 27" tube tv, and be having the time of our lives. Now yet you have people who bitch about stuff not being 4k, solo screen running at 60fps. If it doesn't do that, the game sucks.

None really.
Right now I play most games on ps4 but it can change if something better come on the market.
I play WiiU for Xenoblade and Xenoblade X. Maybe will get BotW for the WiiU sometime but will probably replay FF VI and FF IX first :)

Around the Network

GameCube, which the first console I spent a lot of time on. I had a PS1 before that but I got it in 2002 so it was hard to find some new games because of the new generation. I spent countless hours on Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart Double Dash and Super Smash Bros. Melee, it was my main gaming platform outside of PC from 2003 to 2008.

I'd probably have to give it to the SNES, since it has many classics that I love and still play to this day. I'll still power that thing up every now and then to play some Mega Man X, Tetris Attack, Kirby Super Star, and many other titles. It's the console I get the most joy out of definitely.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

pokoko said:
PS1.

It made me love gaming.

I enjoyed my previous consoles (Atari 2600, NES, SNES) but, outside of FF6, the games were mostly shallow experiences. They were something to play around with and kill some time. The PS1, on the other hand, opened up new worlds, took me new places, and really got me immersed in what I was doing.

Pretty much the same for me.  I had 2600, NES, Geneis which I loved before but PS1 was my 'formative' console.  Tekken, Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Tomb Raider 1~3, FF7~9, Resident Evil 1 & 2, Silent Hill 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot... ahh what a great time to be a gamer.

My 8th gen collection

The PS1 and PS2 are basically tied for me. I loved playing both of those.

PS2 cos it was the first platform that has a really good soccer game: Winning eleven. That game will always remain as the best party game for me