By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What kind of game should the next Zelda be?

What kind of game should the next Zelda be?

2D 19 25.00%

3D 17 22.37%

Open World 22 28.95%

A combination of these 6 7.89%

Something completely new 11 14.47%

I hate Zelda, there shoul... 1 1.32%

Total:76

Breath of the Wild is finally here, so now we can start the hype for the next Zelda game!

But what kind of game will it be? We now have 3 types of Zelda games: 2D, 3D and open world.

Which one do you prefer?

I would prefer a new 2D game. A Link Between Worlds showed us that they can still be good.

(I'm not talking about remakes , but about the next completely new Zelda.)

Around the Network

Metroidvania.

Hmmm... that's something to think about... we may see a lot less "2d" games from Nintendo going forward due to the Switch.

So you can wish for a 2d Zelda, but I doubt we'll see one on the Switch.

Barkley said:

Hmmm... that's something to think about... we may see a lot less "2d" games from Nintendo going forward due to the Switch.

So you can wish for a 2d Zelda, but I doubt we'll see one on the Switch.

There's still a home for 2D versions of Zelda, Mario and Metroid on the Switch.  They don't require large development teams or budgets, they sell millions, they're easy to pick up and play, they quickly fill out release gaps, they're perfect for handheld gaming and casuals love them.

Unpopular opinon: a 3rd 3D Zelda game after Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask......

Around the Network

Another traditional 3D Zelda is all I want.

Top-down Zelda like ALBW would be very nice.

I want another open world Zelda game that further expands on the things you can do in BotW, the same way that Majora’s Mask expanded on what OoT had done. I can see this being a trend for the Zelda formula, and I hope it is to be honest.

A traditional top down game like ALBW to bridge the gap between the next big AAA Zelda would be nice though too.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I wanted something more akin to Majoras Mask.A dark, somber, and sadder take on Zelda.Majoras mask is such an unique game that it would be a shame for it to be the only of its kind.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Whatever it is, just make it good.