By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn beats Zelda to No.1 in UK ( PS4’s biggest ever new IP launch)

These comparisons should be compared to average install base not numbers. A console that has sold 4million in 1 country will no doubt sell more units of a game even if its bad compared to a system that has only 80k available to customers 

Its just unlogical to claim one game beats another when one is sitting at a major disadvantage due to its hardware. Bundled games shouldnt count as sales numbers either since its a giveaway and doesnt nessaccary mean the customer wanted that game since bundled deals tend to sell on how good the deal practically is not the quality of the deal itself. That goes with all companies.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

These comparisons should be compared to average install base not numbers. A console that has sold 4million in 1 country will no doubt sell more units of a game even if its bad compared to a system that has only 80k available to customers 

Its just unlogical to claim one game beats another when one is sitting at a major disadvantage due to its hardware. Bundled games shouldnt count as sales numbers either since its a giveaway and doesnt nessaccary mean the customer wanted that game since bundled deals tend to sell on how good the deal practically is not the quality of the deal itself. That goes with all companies.

No it shouldn't sold is sold, get over it.

I believe Zelda will have better legs tho. Nintendo games typically have great legs like a ZZ top song despite staying full price.

twintail said:
KazumaKiryu said:

I have one question, Sh1nn :) I think it's sad and a little unfair for exclusive games.. when the European charts or the US charts count the multi-games together.
Is there somewhere a list where all the games are individually listed?
Would be really great for the future.. both lists.

THere is but dont think this one is out just yet.

but from what I saw, at least on neogaf, zelda wiiu is not in top 40.

Week 9, 2017 - Individual Formats (Units)

01 (NE) PS4 HORIZON ZERO DAWN (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
02 (NE) NSW THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
03 (NE) WIU THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD (NINTENDO)
04 (NE) NSW 1-2 SWITCH (NINTENDO)
05 (04) PS4 GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
06 (NE) NSW SUPER BOMBERMAN R (KONAMI)
07 (06) XBO GRAND THEFT AUTO V (TAKE 2)
08 (02) PS4 FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
09 (08) PS4 FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
10 (03) XBO FOR HONOR (UBISOFT)
11 (09) XBO FIFA 17 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
12 (10) XBO MINECRAFT: XBOX EDITION (MICROSOFT)
13 (12) XBO ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
14 (05) XBO FORZA HORIZON 3 (MICROSOFT)
15 (01) XBO HALO WARS 2 (MICROSOFT)
16 (13) PS4 CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
17 (07) PS4 SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
18 (14) PS4 RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
19 (11) PS4 BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
20 (17) PS4 ROCKET LEAGUE (505 GAMES)
21 (16) XBO BATTLEFIELD 1 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
22 (22) PS4 HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
23 (26) PS4 UNCHARTED 4: A THIEF'S END (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
24 (15) XBO SNIPER ELITE 4 (SOLD OUT SALES & MARKETING)
25 (21) 3DS POKEMON SUN (NINTENDO)
26 (18) XBO CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
27 (19) PS4 NIOH (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
28 (23) XBO OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)
29 (24) XBO RESIDENT EVIL 7: BIOHAZARD (CAPCOM)
30 (NE) PS4 THE WALKING DEAD: THE NEW FRONTIER (TELLTALE GAMES)
31 (31) PS4 RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER: 20 YEAR EDITION (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
32 (27) 3DS POKEMON MOON (NINTENDO)
33 (32) XBO HITMAN: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
34 (35) 3DS NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. 2 (NINTENDO)
35 (30) PS4 MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION (SONY COMPUTER ENT.)
36 (36) XBO THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
37 (40) PS4 THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM SPECIAL ED. (BETHESDA SOFTWORKS)
38 (37) PS4 FINAL FANTASY XV (SQUARE ENIX EUROPE)
39 (34) PS4 WWE 2K17 (TAKE 2)
40 (29) PS4 OVERWATCH (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD)

It's 3rd...

Of course you wouldn't see the wii u version in the top 40, since it was an all format chart, ergo switch and wii u version sales are aggregated!

So, Zelda has beaten Horizon in Japan on its first week. Where is the news to that?

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/03/08/japan-heres-this-weeks-charts-10/

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network
Peh said:
So, Zelda has beaten Horizon in Japan on its first week. Where is the news to that?

It wouldn't be in "their" favor

Seriously though, where is the thread for that.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

betacon said:
Azzanation said:

Yes it shouldnt count. Giveaways isn't sold. And attach rate is heaps more effective than silly sales numbers. Sorry to break your heart.

Azzanation said:
betacon said:

Yes it shouldnt count. Giveaways isn't sold. And attach rate is heaps more effective than silly sales numbers. Sorry to break your heart.

In this instance, attach ratio is an absolutely awful metric. I don't disagree that linear comparisons are difficult here, but the attach ratio of launch titles is always heavily inflated. Zelda is the Switch's only AAA Nintendo launch title, while Horizon is one of hundreds of AAA titles available on a console with a large (and by extension broadly reaching) user base. Horizon would need to sell 40 million copies in its opening week to match Zelda's current attach ratio. I think we can agree that's absurd.

The larger the install base, the worse the average attach ratio for a game tends to be. If attach ratio mattered more than "silly sales numbers" (those pesky things publishers actually make money on :p), AAA PC gaming would be dead. The attach ratio for most AAA titles on Steam is downright terrible, but it doesn't matter because the games still sell well. 

Chazore said:
Peh said:

Japanese software and hardware sales get their own thread every week: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226633

Zekkyou said:
Chazore said:

Japanese software and hardware sales get their own thread every week: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226633

Outside of that thread was more my aim.

I've made threads outside of the the main PC thread, that is used for PC news for example. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"