By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Issues - List them here

I can't connect to the internet with mine. I can't find my internet's name. Do I have to do a system update?

Around the Network

I definitely had the issue with the left joycon not reacting. It seems fixed by sitting very close to the console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

My only issues is taking the Joy-con straps off. It's a total pain in the ass. Oh, and putting them on backwards which took forever to pry off. Seriously. Don't do that.

Only issue so far are the Joycon straps, they're problematic when you're trying to remove them, the Joycons come off the console and the grip just fine but the straps have an erratic lock mechanic.

- Joy-cons feel cramped when attached to the unit. Feel nice when held separately one in each hand.
- Screen feels small to enjoy a big game like Zelda on. I need to get used to it.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
NATO said:
TomaTito said:

My laptop's battery is also Li-ion, your point being?

Charging to 100% and switching to AC-only is perfectly possible, there is no reason, what so ever, to allow the battery to discharge to 86 or so % and then hold it there, it does not do anything of benefit for the battery, nor does it have anything to do with prolonging it's lifespan.

Normal praxis: http://www.computerworld.com/article/2471895/windows-pcs/maximizing-the-lifespan-of-a-laptop-battery.html

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Very few issues after a solid 12 hours or so of rocking Zelda. My only real "issue" if you want to call it that, though it's not like it wasn't warned of before, is the short(ish) battery life in handheld mode, which I've spent the majority of time playing. It is roughly 3 hours, but when getting lost an epic Zelda-a-thon that three hours can zip by rather quick. Though it's a quick fix. Just slip the tablet back in the dock and start playing on your TV while it charges (assuming you have the means), not a huge deal..

I wish the kickstand was a bit more sturdy and less cheaply made, maybe larger and more centered on the device. On hard, flat surfaces it works just fine obviously, just don't expect to prop it up on a bed/coutch/pillow or anything like that. And yes, I'm not ashamed to admit I've attempted them all. What can I say, I like to be lazy and lounge while gaming :P

That's really all I can think of.. Everything else is pretty much solid. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I still have zero issues.

Played for about 6 hours or so in portable and docked mode. Everything has worked great. Love Zelda so far. Setup and jump into playing out of the box was fast and simple, updating Zelda was fast and simple, sync controllers (including pro) was fast and simple... I literally don't have a complaint yet.

Volterra_90 said:
Soundwave said:

OK this scares the crap out of me. Going to have to buy a screen protector ASAP. 

Not really a big issue but I regret choosing the neon colored one on a whim. It just ruins the elegant look of the system, I'm going to see if my brother got the grey model so I can trade. 

I'm not entirely sure about the veridity of that claim. I mean, there's a little piec of plastic in each side of the dock to prevent than from hapenning (I''m seeing them right now XD). But... I guess that could happen if you dock the Switch badly several times, misssing the USB-C connector at the bottom. I mean, if people are clumsy maybe that could happen.

Those pieces of plastic are the ones doing the scratching, fyi.

No day 1 netflix