By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Issues - List them here

Panama said:
Cnet meme aside, the kickstand is genuinely flimsy and bad. Also i cant imagine anyone with big hands finding the joycons comfy. Luckily i have smaller hands :^)

Oh and if you want to use it as a portable youll need to have a usb c cable seperate as it doesnt come with one unless you buy a pro controller. Something to bear in mind.

Fairly certain teh kickstand was made that way on purpose.

Black angry nerd gamer or whatever his name is, showed the reason for that. When docking the system he forgot to put the kickstand back in and snapped it off.

If it was sturdier, ect the kickstand might have broke too bad to put back into place and then you wuld have people bitchign about the kickstand breaking.

It being kocked off and reclipping back on is far preferrable. I mean think back to the Note 5 fiascle. People putting the pen in backwards and getting stuck. Samsung gets in trouble and is expected to fix that instead of telling idiots to not put a pen in backwards. Nintendo made the best solution to a potential problem.

Around the Network

168 [a week] hours from now it won't matter one bit that you got it only 144 hours ago...

First issue, poor Wi-fi reception. It just happens that where my WiiU got the signal a bit weakly, the Switch doesn't get that signal at all.

About the scratch problem, I figured it out that much before buying it so my screen protector is on my way.

But, believe me, I did that just in case but there is pleeenty of space to not let that happen in the dock.

shikamaru317 said:

OK this scares the crap out of me. Going to have to buy a screen protector ASAP. 

Not really a big issue but I regret choosing the neon colored one on a whim. It just ruins the elegant look of the system, I'm going to see if my brother got the grey model so I can trade. 

Soundwave said:
shikamaru317 said:

OK this scares the crap out of me. Going to have to buy a screen protector ASAP. 

Not really a big issue but I regret choosing the neon colored one on a whim. It just ruins the elegant look of the system, I'm going to see if my brother got the grey model so I can trade. 

I'm not entirely sure about the veridity of that claim. I mean, there's a little piec of plastic in each side of the dock to prevent than from hapenning (I''m seeing them right now XD). But... I guess that could happen if you dock the Switch badly several times, misssing the USB-C connector at the bottom. I mean, if people are clumsy maybe that could happen.

Around the Network

The startup page to eShop lets us know we're gonna be featureless for awhile.

shikamaru317 said:

wtf did they try to rape the dock lol?

No games yet

- weaker wifi antenna than ps4.
- already had synch issues in Zelda about 4 meters from the console, both joy-cons.
- joycons aren't all that comfortable to use, too small.
- hd rumble doesn't justify the higher controller price, it works but is rather underwhelming after all the hype.

Sooooo I've played about 6 hours today and here's a list of some of my impressions:
-Pre patch Left joycon is atrocious, afterwards they didn't give me any problems;
-the size of the joycons themselves despite beeing small is Ok but there's a but: I can't keep two fingers on the triggers, L and R are so small there's little to no space for two fingers, I already wanted a Pro Controller but now I want it even more;
-Zelda is a drug, I can't stop playing