By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Friend Zone (Friend Codes)

SW-7706-3819-9381

Friendcodes seem only one option to add friends. I can also add my friends from Fire Emblem Heroes or Miitomo.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
COKTOE said:
Whaaat? You still need friend codes? Had no idea until this very moment.

It's one of the 4 current options, more are going to be added in the coming weeks.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Sure why not

SW-2832-0009-0232

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

SW-0997-4505-4784

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I was kinda confused that it asked me to make a new account when I wanted to link it to my Nintendo account. I'm not sure if I have separate accounts for WiiU and Switch now?

My friend code seems to be SW-0314-6169-7708

It also said there would be 'free' games with the online account, free until fall, yet I guess there's nothing there yet. Only Snipperclips has a demo, the store is pretty bare.

Around the Network

Do the 3DS and WiiU friends codes work? Or do you get new ones with the Switch?

think-man said:

You get new one for the Switch. It is tied to your Nintendo Account, and I think NNID will replace this system, since it uses that data to add friends from past games you played with friends like Miitomo. 

SW-0194-4214-5242

Acevil said:
think-man said:

You get new one for the Switch. It is tied to your Nintendo Account, and I think NNID will replace this system, since it uses that data to add friends from past games you played with friends like Miitomo. 

SW-0194-4214-5242

So since i already have an Nintendo Account i should have a code? 

think-man said:
Acevil said:

SW-0194-4214-5242

No idea, doubtful but I imagine if Nintendo did the smart thing it is like "Full Names" on PS4, it only exists on the PS4, and is stuck to your account not your console. 

Acevil said:
think-man said:

No idea, doubtful but I imagine if Nintendo did the smart thing it is like "Full Names" on PS4, it only exists on the PS4, and is stuck to your account not your console. 

Yeah its a very confusing and daunting process. I hope they simplify it.