By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 1 2 Switch Metacritic Score: 58 / 20 Critics !!!!!!!!!

TomaTito said:
SvennoJ said:
Early impressions trying 1-2 switch out by yourself, 1/10. I had hoped there was some HD rumble in the early 5 games you can choose from, doesn't seem to be. Will have to actually play it to figure out what HD rumble does. Yet my reaction times for both hands are perfectly in synch according to quick draw lol.

I await for your HD rumble impressions!

My kids are playing it atm before school. No new games unlocked yet, boxing is a hit. Ah there it goes, you unlocked all the games! Will find out later, they're playing something with clowns now...

Around the Network

57 now.

NATO said:
57 now.

It's unfortunate that most reviewers won't bother with it, because if it got up to the 60+ reviews most games get it'd be below 50. Where it belongs.

Didn't expect the game to do better. Highest ranking I would have expected for the game is something between 55-65/100.

Dr.Vita said:
Didn't expect the game to do better. Highest ranking I would have expected for the game is something between 55-65/100.

I personally expected a 40.

Eh, credit due where it belongs, but $50 is just way too much for a tech demo set (even if it is impressive) that I can 100% in under an hour. I hope that this thing gets discounted early, and quickly, on the Switch eShop. (Or flop entirely, but it might actually do well in Japan.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Jazz2K said:
Lol some of you are too serious and don't seem to know how to have fun... I already see this game being played at parties. Whoever loses must drink and pass on the controller. Whoever wins 2 times in a row must drink and keep the controller. No matter the score, fun will be had with this game.

So like.. any drinking game in history?

You are basically comparing a $50 game.. too quarters?

A $300 console, and a $50 game.. to paper cups and a ping pong ball?

What game isn't greatly improved.. if you are drunk while playing it?

There is never enough drinking games to be honest. And I don'T see it like you invest in a 300$ console specificaly to buy that one game and have parties. If I have the console it's because I will also have other games but I didn'T know the game was 50$ though I agree it's way too expensive heh my bad.

VGPolyglot said:
Jazz2K said:
Lol some of you are too serious and don't seem to know how to have fun... I already see this game being played at parties. Whoever loses must drink and pass on the controller. Whoever wins 2 times in a row must drink and keep the controller. No matter the score, fun will be had with this game.

And I don't drink, so if that's a requirement for the game to be fun it'll be lost on me.

Seems like that's the only way to appreciate this game hehe!

TomaTito said:
SvennoJ said:
Early impressions trying 1-2 switch out by yourself, 1/10. I had hoped there was some HD rumble in the early 5 games you can choose from, doesn't seem to be. Will have to actually play it to figure out what HD rumble does. Yet my reaction times for both hands are perfectly in synch according to quick draw lol.

I await for your HD rumble impressions!

Ok, initial impressions for the ball count, cow milking, shaving and safe cracking.

Yes it works, no it's not all that impressive. It feels like the small rumble motor in dualshock controllers going at high speed (fine vibrations) except it's able to stop and start quickly to provide a click like sensation and mix different speeds for varying results. It doesn't feel like balls rolling around though. Only shaving is closest to what a foil shaver feels like with a bit of imagination.

The controllers don't seem to be able to do heavy vibrations at all, too small probably. Perhaps with both of them in the grip it can make some more complex vibrations, separated in 1-2 switch it's kinda meh, not worth $50 for the game nor $70 for a controller. Expensive tech demo for underwhelming tech, luckily my kids like the game. Perhaps some of the other games make better use of it, yet I only had time to try those 4 briefly.

pray4mojo said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm pretty sure you can see that about almost every game. Most people don't read reviews.

I think games like Halo, Zelda and Uncharted, which are core games, live and die more on reviews than others though. Casual games live way, way outside the scope of reviews. The sales of Wii Play more than prove that true lol.

Wii Play also happened to include an extra controller so it was a pretty good value.

Jazz2K said:

Sounds like the winner should get to do that instead