By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

People that hasn't played the game not even for 5 minutes and are completely sure that it doesn't deserve those scores, despite the fact that all critics seems to agree in mostly everything and have a pretty hard time finding flaws, but no, is not a deserved score and I know it because .... reasons. The hypocresy going on here is epic.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Tmfwang said:

Maybe I was'nt active on this forum then?

You were. You have some UC4 threads under your belt made around the time of UC4's release.

Here's one of them: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216631&page=1

petition to remove zelda perfect scores when op?lmao

Goodnightmoon said:
Random_Matt said:

Don't think Nintendo fans will listen.

You are so mature

maybe play the game first....

monocle_layton said:
PotentHerbs said:
I think a more interesting question would be how Zelda would review under XOne/PS4 standards. I don't think brand name is that much of a factor, maybe 1 - 2 points at most.

If xbox one had botw, it'd finally make my Xbox be used for more than third party games and streaming 

But wouldn't BotW be a third-party game?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Tmfwang said:

Maybe I was'nt active on this forum then?

You were. You have some UC4 threads under your belt made around the time of UC4's release.

Here's one of them: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216631&page=1

Damn lol. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Yeah, it wouldn't have scored as high without the name - critics would have taken the glaring franerate issues into account at the very least.

Without being another iteration of just about the most consistently fantastic gaming franchise in history it would score lower?

Honestly, I'm not sure... there's never been any hesitation to put Nintendo in its place as far as reviews go. Zelda just tends to be amazing, and based on what I'm seeing from reviews this is arguably the best Zelda yet.

leyendax69 said:

You are so mature

Says someone triggered by a picture of salt

And there's a very good reason why Nintendo's new IPs have never scores as high - without the name they wouldn't get such scores.