By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

Alkibiádēs said:
KLAMarine said:

You were. You have some UC4 threads under your belt made around the time of UC4's release.

Here's one of them: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216631&page=1

Damn lol. 

Methinks a slightly envious Sony fanboy has been detected lol

Lawlight said:
Yeah, it wouldn't have scored as high without the name - critics would have taken the glaring franerate issues into account at the very least.

Haha read and watch the reviews, it is hardly "glaring".

I don't get why everyone is trying to rain on Zelda's parade. When Gamespot of all people give it a 10/10 (I believe they've done that less than ten times, the previous one being Bayonetta 2 and otherwise consistently rating Nintendo's titles lower than average) you know it has to be pretty darn good.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Yeah, it wouldn't have scored as high without the name - critics would have taken the glaring franerate issues into account at the very least.

On Switch the "glaring" framerate issues are mostly stuttering in TV mode, and nothing in portable mode, it runs almost perfect, but of course, gotta put your agenda everywhere. But hey! Nothing wrong with The Las of Us getting epic scores back in 2013 despite the game having tons of framerate drops right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KDfab0c7Q&t=101s

Yawn. Yeah right

Goodnightmoon said:
leyendax69 said:

You are so mature

Says someone triggered by a picture of salt

Hahah yeah, I'm clearly the one who got triggered

Johnw1104 said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Damn lol. 

Methinks a slightly envious Sony fanboy has been detected lol

Lawlight said:

Haha read and watch the reviews, it is hardly "glaring".

I don't get why everyone is trying to rain on Zelda's parade. When Gamespot of all people give it a 10/10 (I believe they've done that less than ten times, the previous one being Bayonetta 2 and otherwise consistently rating Nintendo's titles lower than average) you know it has to be pretty darn good.

Easy Allies' words:

Nintendo has achieved something really special with Breath of the Wild. All that’s holding it back are the glaring framerate issues

So, yes, other critics are overlooking the "glaring" framerate issues.

And Gamespot has give 10/10 to 13 games, the last one being Uncharted 4 and 3 other games in 2015.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Lawlight said:

On Switch the "glaring" framerate issues are mostly stuttering in TV mode, and nothing in portable mode, it runs almost perfect, but of course, gotta put your agenda everywhere. But hey! Nothing wrong with The Las of Us getting epic scores back in 2013 despite the game having tons of framerate drops right?

The Last of Us is only at 95.

Cloudman said:
Grumble, I hate these sort of comments claiming people score certain games higher because of nostalgia because it seems to take away from the actually good merits of the game. Perhaps this game would have scored lower if it wasn't Zelda, or perhaps it would have scored around the same. It matters not what the game is called, but how the game is. It should be reviewed on the game alone and not on its name.

Agree with the last part but that's not how critics operate unfortunately.

Lawlight said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The Last of Us is only at 95.

And it wasn't the framerate the reason preventing it for more, look the remaster one year later, same score, and I found 0 reviews shitting about framerate issues in Ps3 even when it has the same or worse framerate than BoTW on WiiU let alone on Switch.

Torillian said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I'm sorry but Twilight Princess deserved that score, no question about it. As for SS I understand is more divisive, but appart form the fact that is a nightmare if you ahte motion controols, the game was extremelly solid in every aspect, still wasn't as memorable as others, but I doubt that game deserved a much lower score than it had.

See how you describe SS?  "Solid".  Is something that was "extremely solid in every aspect" deserve a 93 as one of the greatest games ever made.  I just can't agree with that, and I think if any other franchise had a game where the best people could say about it was it was solid it would not get those kind of scores.  

You hit the nail on the head.

Lawlight said:
Torillian said:

See how you describe SS?  "Solid".  Is something that was "extremely solid in every aspect" deserve a 93 as one of the greatest games ever made.  I just can't agree with that, and I think if any other franchise had a game where the best people could say about it was it was solid it would not get those kind of scores.  

You hit the nail on the head.

You haven't even touched the game, what do you even know about it? XDXDXD  

Your desperation is something else

Moderated for a number of posts in here ~ CGI