By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

areason said:
Wyrdness said:

I go from my own experience and my own experience was that the were little to no issues in my own playthrough so don't try and tell me otherwise, you'll accept that whether you like it or not.

I've found that many of the people who complained about unresponsive controls were swinging the controller like mindless cavemen rather than doing slow casual swings and couldn't understand why things aren't going their way.

I'm not telling you, that you had issues. I'm saying that the combat is oversimplistic, repetitive, and that it fails the original premise set by Nintendo.

Yet you keep on going about how the controls responded to you. 

You tried to tell me the controls were unresponsive and I told you straight my own experience, combat in SS was one piece in a larger puzzle and was executed quite solidly because dealing with enemies was more puzzle like rather than swinging a sword over and over with little thought. If you're looking for the latter then the game is not for you that doesn't take anything away from the game itself.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

So why no 'if not for Uncharted name, U4 would not have scored as well' thread from you?

Because it isnt relevant, UC4 came out like a year ago

Lol.

The reaction from quite a few people from a certain fan base on this site is just hilarious.

Combat in SS worked great. It was the best sword combat in any game to date.

Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

So why no 'if not for Uncharted name, U4 would not have scored as well' thread from you?

I'm referring to the period shortly after UC4's release.

OP: What do you base your prediction on?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Tmfwang said:

Maybe I was'nt active on this forum then?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Asriel said:
Fascinating that this appeared as the embargo ended, and about a game that has broken nearly every convention in a 31 year old franchise. Try harder with a troll thread, next time.

Which convention did it break again?

Open World? Basically all Zelda games.

Do dungeons in any order? Zelda 1 and others.

Bows, horses, male Link, Zelda....

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

Maybe I was'nt active on this forum then?

You were. You have some UC4 threads under your belt made around the time of UC4's release.

Here's one of them: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=216631&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Eagle367 said:

Wow one day before the game's actual release-before even playing it- and reviews by the same people who judge nintendo harshly alot and give arguments like too much water(IGN)-you come along and say its not great just because. It's like me saying that the new menu item on the world famous restaurant  that will be releasing tomorrow and has only been tried by critics who gave it glaring reviews are only giving it because of the name of the restaurant. Without even having a taste of the material you claim something that can only be said after fully trying it

Where did I say it wasn't great? I just said that because of the Zelda name, it gets way more positive reviews than it would've without it.

ok any lees gresat. You can't say if it would have even gotten a better score

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

We'll see. In a few weeks I'll know if it really is 10 points better than Horizon Zero dawn. That would be amazing.

I haven't read any reviews of Zelda Wildbreath, not going to, I'll be playing it tonight. I do hope that all this convention breaking news means less strictly scripted boss battles and hopefully some variation on the Boomerang, Boots, Grapple hook upgrades. (And please don't tell me how much a blue ruby is worth every time I pick up the game again!)