By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Without the Zelda name, Breath of the Wild would not score so well

Wyrdness said:
areason said:

Swinging for 40 hours plus, with variation being hindered by the controls= 10/10. 

Wasn't hindered one bit in my playthrough but then as I said before I wasn't swinging mindlessly like a cavemen throughout it.

The motion controls aren't good enough to support the game's combat premise, it is executed badly, and repetitive. 

Just because you didn't have issues doing the same 2-3 movements the whole game, doesn't mean that combat doesn't have an issue. 

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

I wonder if your position was similar when Uncharted 4 scored so high?

Yes. If UC4 did not have the name nor characters of Uncharted (nor Naughty Dog as a development team), nostalgia and expectations would not have been as present, therefor it would most likely have gotten a lower score. But lets stay focused on Zelda here, shall we?

So why no 'if not for Uncharted name, U4 would not have scored as well' thread from you?

Thing is though, I've actually yet to play a bad Zelda game........

There is a lot of Zelda fans out there, how would a non Zelda fan review it?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
areason said:
Wyrdness said:

Wasn't hindered one bit in my playthrough but then as I said before I wasn't swinging mindlessly like a cavemen throughout it.

The motion controls aren't good enough to support the game's combat premise, it is executed badly, and repetitive. 

Just because you didn't have issues doing the same 2-3 movements the whole game, doesn't mean that combat doesn't have an issue. 

I go from my own experience and my own experience was that the were little to no issues in my own playthrough so don't try and tell me otherwise, you'll accept that whether you like it or not.

I've found that many of the people who complained about unresponsive controls were swinging the controller like mindless cavemen rather than doing slow casual swings and couldn't understand why things aren't going their way.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Tmfwang said:

Yes. If UC4 did not have the name nor characters of Uncharted (nor Naughty Dog as a development team), nostalgia and expectations would not have been as present, therefor it would most likely have gotten a lower score. But lets stay focused on Zelda here, shall we?

So why no 'if not for Uncharted name, U4 would not have scored as well' thread from you?

Because it isnt relevant, UC4 came out like a year ago

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Wyrdness said:
areason said:

I go from my own experience and my own experience was that the were little to no issues in my own playthrough so don't try and tell me otherwise, you'll accept that whether you like it or not.

I've found that many of the people who complained about unresponsive controls were swinging the controller like mindless cavemen rather than doing slow casual swings and couldn't understand why things aren't going their way.

I'm not telling you, that you had issues. I'm saying that the combat is oversimplistic, repetitive, and that it fails the original premise set by Nintendo.

Yet you keep on going about how the controls responded to you. 

deskpro2k3 said:
There is a lot of Zelda fans out there, how would a non Zelda fan review it?

I imagine someone who hates Zelda would give a Zelda game a poor review.

But there's a reason there are a lot of Zelda fans out there...

Tmfwang said:
KLAMarine said:

Because it isnt relevant, UC4 came out like a year ago

your logic doesn't apply to games that are older than march 2017?...
you can insert every damn franchise and make a post like this.. it is just rediculus

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Um, you think this doesn't happen with Sony or Microsoft games? Or in music? Film? There's nothing special regarding Zelda here. The games are just consistently amazing. Also, you should try to support such a claim with like, idk, actual evidence or something.