By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do You Accept Evolution as a Fact?

Do you believe in evolution?

Yes 657 75.69%

Mostly, some things are questionable. 74 8.53%

No 99 11.41%

Not really, but some could be true. 38 4.38%

Total:868
fatslob-:O said:
Nem said:

That isnt what i said at all. Science is about evidence. If theres evidence and theres great support of the results of the theory, experiment and evidence, that is the consensus. Not literally everyone. Consensus in science just means it's widely accepted as the truth after peer review because it's uncontested. The reason it's uncontested is because theres no good alternative.

So, empathy is cognitive dissonance. Very well... i'm ok with that dissonance. Theres is ethics in science. Unsafe Human experimentation is unethical. If you don't think so, as i said, feel free to volunteer your life and risk the consequences as i'm sure theres any crazy company out there willing to do that. I'm sure you can understand why that isn't ethical and that is why Eugenics is something that is unethical.

Ideology can get in the way of peer review much like how there's scientists out there who denies any results related between race and IQ not out of logical reason or contrary empirical evidence most of the time even though there are other independent studies that reveals the unpleasant observation but rather it's out of personal princples! That raises some huge objections as to how trustworthy the scientific community really is as quite a few scientists are guilty of this ... 

You only choose to believe that science is inclusive of ethics but it's not so when nazi scientists were doing human experimentation on it's prisoners. We're the nazi scientist's any less of a scientist for collecting valid data through inhumane procedures ? Are you telling me that they aren't contributors to science when they too paved way for medical science ? 

It's fine even if "some" have ideology conflicts, it is irrelevant. What's relevant are the results of the study and if they are legitimate enough to be taken seriously. Besides i don't know what your fixation with this is. You brain can be trained to get better IQ results so i don't even think its related to race at all. All you can extrapolate is circunstancial results.

You seem to treat science as an entity with a will. Science is just a sum of conclusions. It doesn't have a will and is brought forth by people. Good people, have ethics. It's not that one wouldn't be able to throw out ethics, but as i say, we are humans, we empathise. It's all great to take that stance when it's not you beeing experimented on. So, i totally reject that notion. Human experimentation is something that should always be avoided, because every life is singular and precious.

Around the Network

I think it's pretty clear evolution is true to some extent. Where as religion is all speculation. That's why it's religion. ;)

evolution was thought of by a satanic person and is a hoax

it violates spontaneous generation, law of information systems, specified complexity, irreducible complexity, statistical mathematics, natural selection, fossil records, beneficial mutations, genetic complexity, and information theory

craighopkins said:

it violates spontaneous generation, law of information systems, specified complexity, irreducible complexity, statistical mathematics, natural selection, fossil records, beneficial mutations, genetic complexity, and information theory

I'm pretty sure you don't know what half of those mean by simple fact of making that statement that is completely factually incorrect. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Throughout 150 years of the science of bacteriology, there is no evidence that one species of bacteria has changed into another... Since there is no evidence for species changes between the simplest forms of unicellular life, it is not surprising that there is no evidence for evolution from prokaryotic [i.e., bacterial] to eukaryotic [i.e., plant and animal] cells, let alone throughout the whole array of higher multicellular organisms.

also the soft tissue found of dinosaurs is incredibly difficult to explain within an evolutionary (millions of years)  fits beautifully within a biblical (young earth) timescale; these are almost certainly the remains of creatures that were buried during the Genesis Flood, approximately 4,400 years ago

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:

You're absolutely right that there's no controversy about evolution in science, the only controversey is whether or not these progressive scientists are going to acknowledge whether or not different subpopulations in a species have different abilities as validated by the theory of evolution ...

What progressive scientists? It seems like it's mostly leftist politicians, activists, media entities and progressives in general.

Pretty sure even progressive scientists have to accept the facts in front of them to some extent.

It's like those on the Christian right refuse to accept the theory of evolution prior to 50000 years ago and those on the left refuse to accept evolution from that point onwards.

I accept the whole lot. Not sure what that makes me. Sane I guess. 

craighopkins said:

Throughout 150 years of the science of bacteriology, there is no evidence that one species of bacteria has changed into another... Since there is no evidence for species changes between the simplest forms of unicellular life, it is not surprising that there is no evidence for evolution from prokaryotic [i.e., bacterial] to eukaryotic [i.e., plant and animal] cells, let alone throughout the whole array of higher multicellular organisms.

also the soft tissue found of dinosaurs is incredibly difficult to explain within an evolutionary (millions of years)  fits beautifully within a biblical (young earth) timescale; these are almost certainly the remains of creatures that were buried during the Genesis Flood, approximately 4,400 years ago

But some of them could swim.

What happened to these?

Or do you believe they still exist?

Fact is the wrong term, you would be crucified in the scientific world by using that term.
You can go as far to say it is heavily supported, and the majority of people support the evolutionary theories.

craighopkins said:

WTF? Did you really say that evolution violates fossil records and natural selection?

craighopkins said:

Wut

craighopkins said:

there is no evidence that one species of bacteria has changed into another...

Pretty sure you are trolling us now. Haha

craighopkins said:

these are almost certainly the remains of creatures that were buried during the Genesis Flood, approximately 4,400 years ago

And there is evidence that a world-wide flood never happened. There is evidence that the Genesis account conflicts with scientific evidence.
There is evidence the Bible even gets something as simple as P.I incorrect.

I think using a book that is written by man, doesn't have empirical evidence, substantiated accounts etc' is the incorrect way in trying to refute something that does actually have empirical evidence.

Evolution doesn't require faith to be real.

Locknuts said:

What progressive scientists? It seems like it's mostly leftist politicians, activists, media entities and progressives in general.

Pretty sure even progressive scientists have to accept the facts in front of them to some extent.

It's like those on the Christian right refuse to accept the theory of evolution prior to 50000 years ago and those on the left refuse to accept evolution from that point onwards.

I accept the whole lot. Not sure what that makes me. Sane I guess. 

I think in general, people need to stop looking at it from a conservative vs progressive, left vs right point of view and just trust in the evidence provided.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--