By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

zorg1000 said:

Lets not pretend that there hasnt been multiple Switch will fail threads or the current "Nintendo must like to say no and disapoint people" thread.

Oh, yes.  Because that is just a complete troll thread.  /s

You do realize there can be negative opinion threads that aren't just automatically troll threads and definitely don't call for an attack on the OP, right?

It clearly is.

Of course, but your last post said this, "Trolling and mean-spirited? Where?" You questioned that there are trolling/mean-spirited threads and I was pointing out that they exist.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Except 80% of his facts were not valid at all lol, you keep seeing only what you want to see.

They were valid, you just didn't agree with them or feel they were that big of a deal to you.  There's a difference.  That still doesn't call for attacking the OP as a troll or another user calling him stupid.  I don't think it is me who is seeing this the way I want to.

But you are, the Op went as far as saying Switch had no jack adapter for headphones when it has xD and many of his points can be used for all companies, you see what you want to see.

thismeintiel said:

You guys need to just chill.  Debate the OP.  Or ignore it.  Don't just try to attack them.  Enjoy the Switch.

This applies to people that have only come in here to point out how triggered other users are as well. It only escalates the issue...obviously telling people to stop being angry isn't going to stop them from being angry. Assuming they're angry in the first place...as most of these comments strike me as mocking the blog-type nature of the thread rather than the contents of said thread.

@Thread: I don't personally care either way if users want to discuss their sales habits like this, and I see how there really isnt much to discuss, but still, this doesn't warrant mocking the OP or baiting other users. Stay on topic or do something else.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
thismeintiel said:

You guys need to just chill.  Debate the OP.  Or ignore it.  Don't just try to attack them.  Enjoy the Switch.

This applies to people that have only come in here to point out how triggered other users are as well. It only escalates the issue...obviously telling people to stop being angry isn't going to stop them from being angry. Assuming they're angry in the first place...as most of these comments strike me as mocking the blog-type nature of the thread rather than the contents of said thread.

@Thread: I don't personally care either way if users want to discuss their sales habits like this, and I see how there really isnt much to discuss, but still, this doesn't warrant mocking the OP or baiting other users. Stay on topic or do something else.

I would hope you aren't implying that's what I did, considering I actually replied to the OP.

thismeintiel said:

I would hope you aren't implying that's what I did, considering I actually replied to the OP.

It applies to everyone. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network

And with this you have 100 post in your first thread.

Congrats OP, enjoy your new badge

SvennoJ said:
We'll be taking turns with Zelda, playing 3 or 4 games concurrently, yet that will probably be it until Mario. It's a lot of money for 1 game, and we could have done that on the WiiU as well, but oh well. Maybe buy both versions and we can play together lol. 
Perhaps I'll get 1-2 switch as well since my kids are already asking for it thanks to youtube. And it should be fun to play Lego city undercover again, yet this time in co-op.

When you buy both versions, please make a thread about it

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Teriol said:
So all the pro sony guys of vgchartz are positive with the thread, 80% of these guys are here, telling the guy its "wise" decision and all that crap, you know something, there are like a million people waiting for someone to cancel a preorder and take that for one of them, so this thread is pointless.

Am I included in this incredibly broad stroke of yours?

Personally, I would never advocate buying any console in its first year, due to the problems I mentioned in my post. Or this is just a drive by post to quickly point the proverbial finger without actually having read the posts themselves?

Saying that it's "crap" to call it a wise decision to cancel a 500$ pre-order that the OP doesn't seem to want, seemingly because it happens to be a Nintendo machine we're talking about, is more than a little childish. I've seen dozens, if not hundreds of threads on the subject on canceling pre-orders or orders for several consoles in my time here on vgchartz. Some make these threads to stirr the hornet's nest, while others make them simply to inquire of the boards whether or not they think they made the right call. You seem to imply that the OP's intention is to suggest that Switch will sell poorly, judging by the last sentence, which is really not how I read the OP at all.

Anyways, it's strange seeing someone get so upset over such a trivial thing. If around ten years on vgchartz has taught me one thing, it must be that life is too short to get furious at internet posts on games and gaming.

Mummelmann said:
Teriol said:
So all the pro sony guys of vgchartz are positive with the thread, 80% of these guys are here, telling the guy its "wise" decision and all that crap, you know something, there are like a million people waiting for someone to cancel a preorder and take that for one of them, so this thread is pointless.

Personally, I would never advocate buying any console in its first year, due to the problems I mentioned in my post. Or this is just a drive by post to quickly point the proverbial finger without actually having read the posts themselves?

Saying that it's "crap" to call it a wise decision to cancel a 500$ pre-order that the OP doesn't seem to want, seemingly because it happens to be a Nintendo machine we're talking about, is more than a little childish. I've seen dozens, if not hundreds of threads on the subject on canceling pre-orders or orders for several consoles in my time here on vgchartz. Some make these threads to stirr the hornet's nest, while others make them simply to inquire of the boards whether or not they think they made the right call. You seem to imply that the OP's intention is to suggest that Switch will sell poorly, judging by the last sentence, which is really not how I read the OP at all.

Anyways, it's strange seeing someone get so upset over such a trivial thing. If around ten years on vgchartz has taught me one thing, it must be that life is too short to get furious at internet posts on games and gaming.

i'm not furious, is just people we know are not interest on Nintendo are saying is a wise decision etc. they are never getting a Switch in first place, it's just that this kind of threads serves their agendas and thats why i replied the way i did. And not i'm not referring to you, sorry if you take it that way.

34 years playing games.

Pre ordered zelda on WiiU. I ll get a switch one day. But I ll probanly wait for another model.
I m going to get a ps4 pro first. Then a switch.

Teriol said:
Mummelmann said:

i'm not furious, is just people we know are not interest on Nintendo are saying is a wise decision etc. they are never getting a Switch in first place, it's just that this kind of threads serves their agendas and thats why i replied the way i did. And not i'm not referring to you, sorry if you take it that way.

No worries, just curious. Like I mentioned in my first post, I would never recommend anyone buy a console when it releases, way too many cons and not enough pros. If people have a lot of money and want though, go ahead, but I'd never recommend it. I think the earliest I bought a console was around 18 months after release and it was the PS1.