By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

Zelda BotW: Also on Wii U
1, 2 Switch: Overpriced gimmick, fun for one night
Mario Kart 8: Already played original to death. Battle mode should've been in the original game
Splatoon 2: Looks in every way identical to the original
ARMS: 60 dollar minigame

There's absolutely no reason to buy a Switch in 2017 if you have a Wii U. I think a lot of early buyers will be disappointed. It frustrates me to hell how Reggie told in an interview how Nintendo is about ''content, not power''. The Switch lacks both content and power. 

Around the Network

This thread is not going so well, isnt it?

Smart move, I think. The Switch will likely be less expensive by the time the software you want is available for it, and the system will have more software features as well.

JWeinCom said:
For me, I've gotten decent use out of all my Nintendo systems. I'm not really dying to play anything at launch (except Zelda which is on Wii U as well), but I know I'm going to want one eventually, and it's worth the extra 50 bucks or so I might pay to get it while it's new and hypey.

Yeah, I'm of the same mind. If even the Wii U could satisfy me, I have no doubt I'll want the Switch eventually, so it becomes a question of 'when' and not 'if'. I don't mind paying extra to get the best version of my favorite game right away.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Kwaidd said:

I was going to have breakfast this morning.  I had the bread out for toast, bacon thawing in the microwave, a bowl and milk out for cereal.  ...but then I wasn't so sure about having breakfast anymore.  So, I put it all away and brought out a pint glass and have been enjoying beer all day.  /phew!  So, what do you guys think, should I have kept my first choice and had breakfast?

Btw, ot...Someone out there would kiss your feet for that unit becoming available.  today sir, you are someone's personal jesus.  hold your head high high and think of the joy you just bestowed on some poor unlikely soul.

Yeah your rigth, the guy is someone jesus rigth now.

HintHRO said:

Mario Kart 8: Already played original to death. Battle mode should've been in the original game

There's absolutely no reason to buy a Switch in 2017 if you have a Wii U. I think a lot of early buyers will be disappointed. It frustrates me to hell how Reggie told in an interview how Nintendo is about ''content, not power''. The Switch lacks both content and power. 

You are ignoring like 16 other games on launch, but i think you are not geting a Switch now, and probably never, like the 90% of people on this thread you are a sony/MS guy.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
HintHRO said:

Those are a lot of assumptions about games you have never played.

I need to go to Paris for my job from 6-8 March. How exactly would I get to enjoy playing Zelda if I bought the Wii U version?

And Splatoon 2 looks identical in every way to the original you say? How come there's a new weapon then, how come existing weapons have added features (like being able to hold your charge for a short while when using the sniper rifles), how come there are new maps, all new special weapons, new hub world and an all-new story mode? Sounds like a sequel to me.

Arms is a $60 mini-game based on what? We already know there will be more characters, more modes and more battle maps. Every preview of the game so far has been very positive. 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has a vastly improved battle mode and includes all the DLC plus is in 1080p now. Let's also not forget that you can play it everywhere you want now. That's one hell of a remaster no matter how you try to spin it into something bad. What about all those PS4 remasters like The Last of Us: Remastered, Uncharted Trilogy and God of War 3 Remastered?

The Switch also launches with Shovel Knight (it will get the Specter of Torment campaign more than a month before any other console) and Fast RMX (good graphics, 1080p and 60 fps, 30 tracks, online and off-line multiplayer and all that for only $20). 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

HintHRO said:

Splatoon 2 has a new singleplayer, new maps, new specials, new weapons, and a bunch of other additions. Just because it graphically looks the same or plays the same as the first one, doesn't mean it's not a new game.

Also, please explain how ARMS is a 60 dollar "minigame".

John19 said:
HintHRO said:

Splatoon 2 has a new singleplayer, new maps, new specials, new weapons, and a bunch of other additions. Just because it graphically looks the same or plays the same as the first one, doesn't mean it's not a new game.

Won't have long lasting appeal.

darkrulier said:

Just as the title says, I cancelled my preorder. I preordered a Switch on Best Buy the same day that Nintendo held the press conference, I ordered the Console, Breath of the Wild Special Edition and a Pro Controller, pricing for all of that was around $500. And then I thought, yes, Breath of the Wild is an AMAZING game and It'll look beautiful on the Switch, but that's it, really, I am not interested in any other game available, the only other game that caught my attention is Mario Odyssey and I'll have to wait until Christmas to buy it, so $500 to play a single game just doesn't make sense to me. What do you guys think, should  I have kept my preorder and shell out the $500?  BTW to calm my gaming thirst I am buying Horizon Zero Dawn on launch day :)       Ohhhh and this is my first post on VGC!!!

Good For you. Want to share anything else with the world?

lionpetercarmoo said:
John19 said:

Won't have long lasting appeal.

We don't know that. As someone else has already stated, the game is already confirmed to be getting more characters, maps, and modes. Besides, it not having long lasting appeal hardly justifies it being a minigame