By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
I usually wait till there are 5 games I'm interested in to get the system. Waiting for awhile to get Switch if at all. I'm with you on those 2 games and possibly MK8 deluxe.

Yup MK8 deluxe is another good game, but they are not adding new tracks, right? They just added the battle mode. If I do buy MK8 is because they kill the online multiplayer for the Wii U version. 

Around the Network

If people are mad because the OP cancelled his pre-order and they presume that that will in someway hurt Nintendo, then that is hilariously sad. But, I have a feeling that people aren't "mad", nor for that reason. It's more of the fact that these threads are incredibly numerous as of late and don't really add to the narrative of the site.

OP, congrats on your first post and congrats on finding out what makes VGC forum-goers "mad."

Good choice. It's not spending that much money for 1 single player only game. Better wait until it's cheaper and it has a better game library. BTW enjoy Horizon. I'll be with you day 1 with that!

NintendoPie said:
If people are mad because the OP cancelled his pre-order and they presume that that will in someway hurt Nintendo, then that is hilariously sad. But, I have a feeling that people aren't "mad", nor for that reason. It's more of the fact that these threads are incredibly numerous as of late and don't really add to the narrative of the site.

OP, congrats on your first post and congrats on finding out what makes VGC forum-goers "mad."

ya none of the responses have come off as "mad" to me, more like they are simply asking why was there a need to tell everybody about an insignificant life event.

Its like making a thread to let people know you traded in a game at Gamestop and got $27 store credit and dont plan on spending it for a few months or making a thread to let people know you cancelled your Xbox Live membership because you dont play games online very often and most of the monthly Games for Gold titles dont appeal to you............cool story bro.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
NintendoPie said:

ya none of the responses have come off as "mad" to me, more like they are simply asking why was there a need to tell everybody about an insignificant life event.

Its like making a thread to let people know you traded in a game at Gamestop and got $27 store credit and dont plan on spending it for a few months or making a thread to let people know you cancelled your Xbox Live membership because you dont play games online very often and most of the monthly Games for Gold titles dont appeal to you............cool story bro.

Except of course that this thread revolves around the  launch of a major piece of gaming hardware, and whether or not it's worth buying at or near launch.

There is absolutely a worthwhile discussion to be had here especially since you could expand it to talk about any console.

The problem is that there are those who would rather skip any meaningful conversation and just tell people they disagree with to stop talking.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I'm getting it on holidays, I have never really bought a console at launch and I'm not doing an exception here, but if I didn't had a WiiU to play BoTW... then probably it would be the first console I buy at launch, I can't wait for that game.

Ok, thanks for the heads up...

Nothing is more exciting than owning a console the minute it launches.

Bandorr said:
Metroid33slayer said:
You feel the need to tell us because?

Would that actually matter? Would your passive aggressive "how dare they make a thread" change if they actually gave you a good reason?

Is it not juts ok enough that this is a video game forum - and he wants to talk about video games?

Just like with the last person - you clearly care. If you didn't you wouldn't click on the thread, read the post, then respond to condescendingly.

If they need a reason to express their opinions - wouldn't you also need a reason to express your question?

So to that I ask - why do you feel the need to ask?

I'm also sick of all the people that get so easily triggered by someones opinion. If I happen to come across a thread I find have no interest in I don't participate in it. Imo In general it is better to buy consoles (or any new consumer tech) later on rather then at launch.

Normchacho said:
zorg1000 said:

Except of course that this thread revolves around the  launch of a major piece of gaming hardware, and whether or not it's worth buying at or near launch.

There is absolutely a worthwhile discussion to be had here especially since you could expand it to talk about any console.

The problem is that there are those who would rather skip any meaningful conversation and just tell people they disagree with to stop talking.

ive got no problem with the thread as you can see from my first post, im just saying the "mad" people likely arent mad.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.