By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

spemanig said:
My philosophy is that something I buy now is something I don't have to buy later.

More power to you, though.

I think like that...and later I can buy something else cause I already bought what I wanted.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
onionberry said:

you're talking about passive aggressive and then you write an agressive post towards that person. logic. Just like he can post anything, anyone can have an opinion about that post, at least that's what I learned here.

I write an aggressive post because this is the second post in this thread that was only insult. The "who cares" and "whats the point" comments add nothing but insult.

They can post anything they want. The issue to that is - they have to believe that. If they believe they have the right to post that, then so does the OP, Making them a hypocrite. If they don't believe that - then they aren't allowed to make their comment. Also making them a hypocrite.

There are so many other ways to respond to this. For example yours, or spemanig.

Thus my need to ask what point there is in asking "so whats the point of the thread".  They didn't have to click the thread, read or, or respond. Yet they chose to do all three and their only respond was dull and added nothing to the actual thread.

This is not the first time that someone posts a thread with an opinion or a personal situation and people come to write stuff like that. In fact, that shit happens everytime everyday on vgchartz. 

So all the pro sony guys of vgchartz are positive with the thread, 80% of these guys are here, telling the guy its "wise" decision and all that crap, you know something, there are like a million people waiting for someone to cancel a preorder and take that for one of them, so this thread is pointless.

34 years playing games.

onionberry said:

This is not the first time that someone posts a thread with an opinion or a personal situation and people come to write stuff like that. In fact, that shit happens everytime everyday on vgchartz. 

Yep, check the post above me by Teriol. People getting genuinely angry because one guy cancelled his pre-order. That's what Bandor is trying to highlight. People getting pissy because one person decided to make a thread about his thoughts on the Switch and how it isn't worth it for him at this current time.

This gets viewed as an ATTACK and bam, the passive aggressiveness comes flying in.

Makes sense, I feel the same as the OP. Not interested in anything but Zelda at the Switch launch, and there's more than plenty to play on PS4 right now.

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I have a switch pre-ordered, but the only game I'm interested in right now is Zelda. I can play Zelda on my Wii U, and pick up a switch this holiday season, presumably at a better price. I'd say there's a 90% chance that's what I'm going to do.

Teriol said:
So all the pro sony guys of vgchartz are positive with the thread, 80% of these guys are here, telling the guy its "wise" decision and all that crap, you know something, there are like a million people waiting for someone to cancel a preorder and take that for one of them, so this thread is pointless.

It's interesting seeing how upset this thread has made you. A thread where the OP is simply giving his opinion that the console isn't worth it for him to purchase at launch, other people then have the opportunity to give their view on the matter, is it worth it for them at launch? Do they think the OP is making a wise decision etc etc.

But no you're right this thread is completley pointless and is just full of only Sony fans congratulating him on not purchasing a Switch because we're all anti-nintendo.

Let's ignore the Nintendo fans also saying it's a good decision for him.

Good idea, actually. I was looking into myself once Nintendo gets everything ironed out and there's more games out for it. Right now though, it's looking like a rough start. Nintendo will get by okay on the early adopters, but I'm gonna hold tight to my cash. So, maybe next year.

Barkley said:
onionberry said:

Yep, check the post above me by Teriol. People getting genuinely angry because one guy cancelled his pre-order. That's what Bandor is trying to highlight. People getting pissy because one person decided to make a thread about his thoughts on the Switch and how it isn't worth it for him at this current time.

This gets viewed as an ATTACK and bam, the passive aggressiveness comes flying in.

I just don't see the insult or attack, yeah his comment was not friendly "You feel the need to tell us because?" But I don't see the attack. I'm not saying that his reply was good or with any substance, I'm saying that his reply was harmless even if the tone was not friendly. Just ignore and move on, cause my criticism was that you can't say "hey don't be agressive" if your comment is more agressive than the original comment, cause then it's a downward spiral of aggressiveness.

People call me Nintendo fangirl, Nintendo PR and all sort of stupid shit and you don't see me replying with agressive comments (well sometimes I do and I get banned because of that) but that happens when people are trolling or insulting, it's so easy to ignore a comment like "you feel the need to tell us because?" that I don't understand the issue. Anyways, this discussion is not going anywhere just because that's a normal thing on gaming forums, some people are rude others are friendly. for better or for worse that's why we have mods.

I was going to have breakfast this morning.  I had the bread out for toast, bacon thawing in the microwave, a bowl and milk out for cereal.  ...but then I wasn't so sure about having breakfast anymore.  So, I put it all away and brought out a pint glass and have been enjoying beer all day.  /phew!  So, what do you guys think, should I have kept my first choice and had breakfast?

Btw, ot...Someone out there would kiss your feet for that unit becoming available.  today sir, you are someone's personal jesus.  hold your head high high and think of the joy you just bestowed on some poor unlikely soul.