Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

darkrulier said:

Just as the title says, I cancelled my preorder. I preordered a Switch on Best Buy the same day that Nintendo held the press conference, I ordered the Console, Breath of the Wild Special Edition and a Pro Controller, pricing for all of that was around $500. And then I thought, yes, Breath of the Wild is an AMAZING game and It'll look beautiful on the Switch, but that's it, really, I am not interested in any other game available, the only other game that caught my attention is Mario Odyssey and I'll have to wait until Christmas to buy it, so $500 to play a single game just doesn't make sense to me. What do you guys think, should  I have kept my preorder and shell out the $500?  BTW to calm my gaming thirst I am buying Horizon Zero Dawn on launch day :)       Ohhhh and this is my first post on VGC!!!

Maybe new games launched in the future will caught your interest. I usually regret most of the stuff I purchase, so, yeah, I will not judge =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

For me, I've gotten decent use out of all my Nintendo systems. I'm not really dying to play anything at launch (except Zelda which is on Wii U as well), but I know I'm going to want one eventually, and it's worth the extra 50 bucks or so I might pay to get it while it's new and hypey.

Sounds good, by then you could see a price drop/Mario bundle, along the way there could be more games that catch your eye, no harm at all to wait

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I think it's smart. I won't be surprised at all if Nintendo drops to $250 and/or bundles Zelda by the Holiday. I'm waiting as well. 

What was that?  I thought I just heard a sad little wimper.  Someone, somewhere, compaining about something, on the internet... THAT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  Seriously, your post is such obvious bull shit. 

Around the Network

Your money, your choice.
I'll be cooping some Snipperclips with my partner/family/friends, while doing some Breath of the Wild on the go.

PS: Congrats on your first thread!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

oh yeah, Switch stock +1

Good choice. Pat yourself on the back. Nobody cares who pre-orderes or cancels their pre-ordere.

Helloplite said:

Good choice. Pat yourself on the back. Nobody cares who pre-orderes or cancels their pre-ordere.

You cared enough to open the thread. To read the thread. Then reply in the thread.

You seem to care.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
Bandorr said:
Helloplite said:

You cared enough to open the thread. To read the thread. Then reply in the thread.

You seem to care.

There's the first person that couldn't help getting upset that Switch has sold ONE less unit at launch.