By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just cancelled my Switch Pre-Ordere

Buying it on Black Friday seems like a good idea, maybe they make a bundle or a price drop. I will be able to justify the purchase better by then.

Around the Network

I always wait at least one year before buying a new console, they're just not worth it at release, costly hardware, few and expensive games, lots of technical issues to sort out, lack of features. I've always struggled to see any reason why I should ever buy new hardware the moment it comes out and can't see any apparent advantages, apart from actually owning it, that is, but that's also sort of worthless if there isn't much to do with it yet.

Each to their own, for me the only game that appeals to me at all is BotW. Luckily so far a 10/10 game so win for me. I'll probably pick 12 switch f9r the Mrs too though

The_BlackHeart__ said:

You should have kept the pre-order. These Switches will sell better than gold on Ebay.

I endorse this msg

All I want atm is Zelda, Mario, and ARMS

Around the Network

Waiting is probably the best thing to do at this point, especially with a few of the issues that have been revealed, and a few questions left unanswered by Nintendo. If the Joycon controller issue is more in the HW and can't be easily fixed with an update, I would imagine Nintendo will put out a revision quickly that does fix it. And if sales slow like the 3DS did, there's a good shot we're going to see at least a $50 cut by the holiday season, but with a game included. That and you get the added benefit of more games, with some of the earlier 3rd party games probably also seeing price cuts by the holidays. So, yea, I think you made the right decision.

You feel the need to tell us because?

My philosophy is that something I buy now is something I don't have to buy later.

More power to you, though.

Next time, sell your pre order. There are a lot of people looking for a switch ( like me, I need two switches) and you can have some profit if you sell the the console or the pre order. Just a smart tip for the future ;)

Bandorr said:
Metroid33slayer said:
You feel the need to tell us because?

Would that actually matter? Would your passive aggressive "how dare they make a thread" change if they actually gave you a good reason?

Is it not juts ok enough that this is a video game forum - and he wants to talk about video games?

Just like with the last person - you clearly care. If you didn't you wouldn't click on the thread, read the post, then respond to condescendingly.

If they need a reason to express their opinions - wouldn't you also need a reason to express your question?

So to that I ask - why do you feel the need to ask?

you're talking about passive aggressive and then you write an agressive post towards that person. logic. Just like he can post anything, anyone can have an opinion about that post, at least that's what I learned here.