By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales- Switch Year 1 vs 3DS and Wii U

OP can just add the 3DS and WII U numbers asynchronously with the Switch since we already know them. Don't have to update 3DS/WII U numbers together with the Switch in alignment ...

It'll be interesting to see how the next few weeks will play out ...

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
OP can just add the 3DS and WII U numbers asynchronously with the Switch since we already know them. Don't have to update 3DS/WII U numbers together with the Switch in alignment ...

it all depends on how well the additional production will go since its about the time for it to start kicking in.

honestly I won't be surprized if they are actually holding back stock for early-mid july to have MASSIVE stock for splatoon realese day. like 500k stock, rerouting the supply that usually would go to europe.

TheBraveGallade said:
fatslob-:O said:

it all depends on how well the additional production will go since its about the time for it to start kicking in.

honestly I won't be surprized if they are actually holding back stock for early-mid july to have MASSIVE stock for splatoon realese day. like 500k stock, rerouting the supply that usually would go to europe.

Yeah, Nintendo is very Japan focused and Europe is not their biggest market so that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Updated

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Updated

Muchas gracias, Uran. Seems the stocks are slowly increasing in Japan.

Around the Network

Week one before the final splatting!

Switch should surpass the 3DS in the following weeks, and then the 3DS strikes back - hard!

Switch needs 150k next week to pass 3ds.
As they're holding splatoon switch sku, seems there will be plenty of them avaliable.
I think it is possible.

How heavily supply constrained Switch is currently battling against 3DS, Vita and PS4 in same time period.

Miyamotoo said:

How heavily supply constrained Switch is currently battling against 3DS, Vita and PS4 in same time period.

so switch has already outsold the ps4 and vita's first year?  I think switch is gonna pass 3DS briefly but NO way does it keep up after the 3DS price drop.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
Miyamotoo said:

so switch has already outsold the ps4 and vita's first year?  I think switch is gonna pass 3DS briefly but NO way does it keep up after the 3DS price drop.

Actually it did that few weeks ago. It seems that Switch will meat 3DS numbers right before 3DS price cut, and than 3DS will again go up.