By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales- Switch Year 1 vs 3DS and Wii U

uran10 said:
Bofferbrauer said:

This could actually get a close one as who reaches the million first, Switch or 3DS. It will probably be the 3DS, but considering the 3DS dropping down on weeks 12 and 13 and Switch production getting upped (thus possibly larger shipments inkoming) it's not safe yet

not a chance... 3ds hits it in 2 weeks. Switch would need to sell amazing numbers for the next 2 weeks to do that before 3ds. It could pass 3ds in a few weeks, but not pass 1 mil before it does.

Ah ok, thought it would have taken a bit longer for the 3DS.

Btw, could you include the sales of the upcoming week for Wii U and 3DS in the chart so we could see what the Switch will be up against? It's sometimes really stressful to see the Switch numbers in the Media Create thread and not knowing if it's enough to beat both combined or not - and in the future probably if the Switch can keep up with the 3DS sales after it's pricecut

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
Miyamotoo said:

Around 4 weeks until Switch hits 1m in Japan. Also only around 6 weeks of sales until Switch take 3DS in same time frame (Switch is 123k behing 3DS in same time frame).

It'll be close. If Switch averages 45k weekly it will have very little wiggle room, only about 5k to spare. Then 3DS had a relatively strong week 17 due to the release of Ocarina of Time 3D. So I'd say 6 weeks or less is optimistic, 8 weeks if you want to be a little cautious and allow Switch to drop to the 40-45k range a few times. That's assuming no sudden bursts of new shipments or surprising drops in sales.

3DS also had few weeks below 20k, so around 6 weeks where Switch makes around 20k difference compared to 3DS sales will be enuf.

The Switch is nearing 1 million in Japan, will likely reach it by the end of this month.

It's doing better worldwide I guess

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

0D0 said:

What do you mean? it's doing better than the PS4 did. 

Around the Network
danielrdp said:
0D0 said:

What do you mean? it's doing better than the PS4 did. 

Considering how utterly bad the launch period of the PS4 was in Japan, that's not really much of an achievment. In 2 month the Switch has basically sold as much as the PS4 did in it's lauch year in Japan (PS4 launched in February 2014, so it basically needed a full year to achieve this)

Updated

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Too bad, I hope next week Switch will back to 40k+.

Quite a drop!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Whoa, sharp drop after the goldenweek. Hopefully it can recover again the next weeks