By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Zelda BOTW will not reach 90 metacritic

Jranation said:
monocle_layton said:

I made a thread saying the game might be lower than expected due to annoying nitpicks we see in this generation 

Oh okay. I guess this is allowed then. 

I mean, this isn't really thread worthy:/

I don't like criticizing people, but this would work more as a post than a new thread 

Around the Network

It will just because it's called Zelda.

TheBlackNaruto said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well you can disagree, but fact is that last year Zelda TP HD, thats remaster of 10 yeast old Zelda game that definitely didn't aged best, received 86 score, and now we have brand new 3D Zelda for which previews are saying that's looks line best Zelda after OoT or even better game. Actually at this point it's almost certain that game will get 90+, actually I don't expecting lower than 95.

Oh no I know that remaster did well I just think while the game looks and will be amazing it won't get the high score most are expecting. Of course I could be wrong but heck we will see in very soon! None the less it will be an amazing game that I will get later on down the line when the Switch drops in price and I pick one up.

And I am the odd ball anyway seeing as I think Zelda OoT was not the best of all the Zelda games ever and felt it was pretty over rated.....I get yelled at about that by my boys quite often lol. But this one I am very much so looking forward to.

But point is that remaster recived 86, and we now talking about brand new game with incredible positive impresions of media for now where media calling it "one of best or even best Zelda ever". So with all that on mind, Zelda Botw looks like easily 90+ game.

Uabit said:

Of Course it's only because Zelda name, it doesn't have anything high quality and incredible impressions of media for now. :D

I have two words for you: Skyward Sword.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Uabit said:

Why would it get a higher score just because it's Zelda? 

Around the Network

Because it's not just the name. It's the history, legacy, and meaning behind it.

palou said:
etking said:

It just needs one single bad 50 score like Horizon got from USGamer. One single bad review and the 90 is out of reach. After the (mostly) very positive previews this got less likely but it still could happen for clickbait reasons alone. And for the fact that it is not a Dark Souls, because Dark Souls players cannot enjoy other combat styles anymore.

It's not just because of US Gamer, though. There were more reviewers that gave a score below 90 than there were reviewers giving a score above that (a score of exactly 90 having no impact on if it hits the mark or not.) A score very close to 90, above or below, seems to be fair, in that regard (though Metacritic should really implement a weighting system that reduces the impact of outliers.)

Last I checked, they did exactly that.

d21lewis said:
palou said:

It's not just because of US Gamer, though. There were more reviewers that gave a score below 90 than there were reviewers giving a score above that (a score of exactly 90 having no impact on if it hits the mark or not.) A score very close to 90, above or below, seems to be fair, in that regard (though Metacritic should really implement a weighting system that reduces the impact of outliers.)

Oh, good then. I didn't know. that all but guarantees a 90 for Zelda, from the previews and all. I do expect US gamer specifically to give a 70 or so though, they seemed pretty critical as well, and apparently have no qualms at going really low...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

d21lewis said:
palou said:

Oh, good then. I didn't know. that all but guarantees a 90 for Zelda, from the previews and all. I do expect US gamer specifically to give a 70 or so though, they seemed pretty critical as well, and apparently have no qualms at going really low...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Geralt said:

Thats what my gut tells me. Im hopibg im wrong. I think reviewers are more picky now and there will always be reviewers that want to get clicks. Also, the game was delayed and whenever that happens reviews are lower because of expectations. Well see!

Btw majoras mask is one of my favorite games of all time and my favorite zelda game.  I wish nintendo would go that direction!

So, basically, you are saying that if the game receives bad reviews is because of everyone else's fault, not Nintendo's.