By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's big holiday 2017 title?

Horizon:ZD
Crash Remake
Dreams
Detroit
Uncharted
Grand Turismo Sport
Nothing from October on.

2018:
God of War
Spiderman
Days Gone
the end 2018 with TLOU2

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

Around the Network

sucker punch's game

lol, just sayin if I was Sony marketing...
MarkkyStorm said:
Ucouldntbemorewrong said:

GOD of War one week before Scorpio Hits.

Wow, you really want to see the world burn, don't you? If Scorpio doesn't have good exclusives at launch, that would kill it.

God of War and GTS.

I am afraid that Detroit will only be a tech demo (similar to The order 1886 and Beyond two souls).

Shenmue3

Around the Network

My expectation is:

Aug/Sept - Dreams (can't see how this can be delayed any longer, its been in dev for ages)
Oct - Uncharted DLC thing
RDR - Nov
Dec - GT Sport
Jan/Feb 2018 - Detroit
March 2018 - GOW
2018 - Spiderman
2018 - Days Gone

Not expecting and you should not expect LOU2 until 2019 I'm afraid.

To be fair to Sony, just GT Sport is enough, what with RDR2 releasing this year, that will be many gamers focus... anybody who thinks releasing too many hit games towards the end of the year is a good idea with that on the horizon... nah, no need.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

The big game for the PS4 this fall will be Star Wars Battlefront II. Yes it's a multi-plat game, but that's what drives PS/XB sales anyway.

Soundwave said:
The big game for the PS4 this fall will be Star Wars Battlefront II. Yes it's a multi-plat game, but that's what drives PS/XB sales anyway.

I was just gonna say this too... though not just say SW.

I don't get why people keep talking as if the big holidiay title needs to be an exclusive. Just look at wht MGS, COD, Destiny...etc has done for MS and sony at different times. Unless I am mistaken Destiny accounted for the single biggest jump in PS4 software sales and at a time when the machine cost $400!!! And FF15 did the same for PS4 in japan.

This year sony has marketing deals for COD, SW:BF, RDR2 and Destiny 2. If sony somehow (as i suspect they would) have bundles for all those games (seperate bundles obviously)with the console at $250 and then drops the standalone console to $200, then thats it for this holiday season. No one will touch them. And they can also have GTS and Horizon bundles too to go with all that.

Sony doesn't have one big holiday title, they have an army of them.

Destiny 2

The GOTG

KNACK 2!!!

/s