By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Scorpio - the biggest generational leap ever!

I think a lot of Xbox fans will ultimatley be disappointed in how little games look better than on PS4 Pro, the jump from Pro to Scorpio is less than PS4 to Pro and people haven't been blown away by it

Around the Network

Expected pixel count comparison.
But this is almost better.

I found this funny. I believe that was the point.

It is even more funny when I hear people talking about 12Tflop and 16GB RAM devices being next gen. I mean, perhapps Sony and Microsoft will call something like that next gen, but looking at generations past that is an absolute joke.

PS4 Pro and Scorpio are both great products. They are bringing a more refined system at a time when consoles can start to feel stale, especially when new HDMI standards, higher resolution, and HDR are all coming about in TV. It is a great time to keep the core audience engaed by giving us something shinny and new. This move is exactly the reason I will be getting Pro, Scorpio, and Switch. I 100% support the idea of scalable generations going forward.

As I have said in other threads, I think that we should see one more revision to PS4 and XBO before Sony and MS cut support, and move to a new baseline. 2019 or 2020 should be the perfect time with 7nm APU's becoming possible. 12 to 16TFLOP 16 - 24GB of RAM would be perfect for making current PS4/XBO titles run in native 4K with very refined texture work, lighting, and physics, all while maintaining a solid 30 or 60fps depending on the title.

The we could truly have the biggest CPU/GPU gain from base console to base console in history with the real next gen systems. PS5 and XB? should be 25 - 30TFLOP systems with 128GB of RAM, and NVMe storage. This would mark a truly massive leap over PS4 and XBO and even the 2 revised systems. They would be capable of next gen visuals at 4K, and deliver amazing VR experiences at 4K as well.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Geralt said:

355 gigaflops xbox 360

422 gigaflops ps3

1.4 teraflops (xbox one s)

1.8 teraflops ps4

4 teraflops Ps4 pro

Difference between xbox original and xbox 360 is about .3 teraflops

Difference between ps2 and ps3 is about .4 teraflops

The difference between xbox 360 and xbox one is about 1 teraflop.

The difference between ps3 and ps4 is about 1.4 teraflops.

The difference between ps4 and ps4 pro is about 2.2 teraflops.

The difference between xbox one s and xbox scorpio is 3.6 teraflops! Huge! This is the biggest generational leap of all time!

Far from it, from pixels to polygons was a much bigger generational leap.

Well im excited to see this year's E3 to see what all the fuss is about.

Around the Network

It's not only the biggest, it's 'UUUUUGE, believe me.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

PS4 to PS4Pro isn't a generational leap.

Neither is XB1 to Scorpio.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

CGI-Quality said:

- A number of issues here.....

A. The info in the OP isn't entirely accuarte. It just comes off as a way to get users to battle about said info, too.

B. I've not seen any replies from you, Geralt (a problem we've discussed before).

A. The information is accurate look it up

B. You cant moderate me because I am at work

OP is right if we're talking about just compute power alone and in absolute rather than relative terms ...

You could also put it like this: the XOne and Scorpio have the same games, so it's the smallest generational leap of all time.