By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Predicted To Sell 8 Million Units, Close To Uncharted 4

TK-Karma said:
I find this thread to be more interesting/informative on the topic of SuperData's integrity =p I hope that the game does sell well at least, I plan to pick it up soon!

People are saying its the best looking open world game made to-date.

I think it ll have legs simply because people will want to see what its like to actually play it, and run around looking at graphics like these:

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3766/32285276714_7e724c1665_o.png

Insane graphics.

Mbolibombo said:
CGI-Quality said:

Going against Zelda will hardly impact it. Two different systems and two different audiences. Doesn't have to sell Uncharted 4 numbers, either. 

Guess what, it is possible to be a fan of both systems you know.. it's directly impacting for me for instance, and going by what others are saying I am pretty sure not alone in this case. Will buy zelda over Horizon, and get a used copy of Horizon for cheap in a few months.

It definately has the same audience, despite being on different systems.

Heard one reviewer say if your "itching" for something abit zelda like, that Horizon would be a good buy.

So there has to be atleast a few elements of it, that would appeal to the zelda user crowds.

Around the Network

Maybe not THAT much, but I do expect the game to be quite a success. So much positive hype surrounding the game, and preorders are over a quarter million in the US alone.

Horizon has a lot of potential, I think it will be the most successful Sony exclusive behind Uncharted 4.

I'm hoping it does well. GG needs a big commercial success. I don't think KZ franchise has managed to get the sales it deserves. 2&3 we're awesome. Still one of the best mp experiences to date for me.

If they bundle it like they did UC4 i can see it hitting 8m.

Around the Network

It is a new IP and there are too many other great games releasing within the same timeframe. So this number is highly unlikely 1-3 million would be more realistic.

etking said:

1-3 million would be more realistic.

1 Million lies in your realistic range??? Lmao.

Thats a tad ambitious for a new ip. Maybe 2-3mil.

Panama said:

You do know the last of us sold over 7 million on PS3 and alreasy over 5 million on PS4 right. This is the first new big IP Sony is really putting effort and money in.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Panama said:

You do know the last of us sold over 7 million on PS3 and alreasy over 5 million on PS4 right. This is the first new big IP Sony is really putting effort and money in.

Yeah, but Naughty have a great track record. I can't imagine Guerilla is in anyones good books after KZ3 and Shadow Fall. But yeah if it's bundled guess it'll go above 5mil.