By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn Predicted To Sell 8 Million Units, Close To Uncharted 4

Sprash said:
Tmfwang said:

Wait, what?

it's really a shame though that horizon is going to bomb :( hope guirrila games don't get closed

Haha

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Yeah... no. I see it selling around 2M at launch and 3-4M lifetime (other big releases on PS4 will cut its legs...)

CGI-Quality said:
Luke888 said:
Yeah... no. I see it selling around 2M at launch and 3-4M lifetime (other big releases on PS4 will cut its legs...)

What other big releases?

NieR and ME:Andromeda :v

CGI-Quality said:
Mbolibombo said:

For every thing that Horizon has going for it, I could think more things going against it sadly. 

I'm curious, what's going against it?

New Ip, Slim marketing, going up against Zelda, going up against a new system, not bundled

Uncharted 4... was the exact opposite, huge IP, massive marketing, heavily bundled..also not going up against one of the most iconic franchises of all time and a brand newsystem.

Eagle367 said:
So the game with those awful face mechanics and mechanical way of talking will sell that much. I watched a video where it looked like the story sequences face graphics were designed on flash and Google's AI was going the voice acting. This being a game on the ps4 which is currently the most powerful consoles and also this being an exclusive. Something like this would kill a ubisoft or third party game

watch this video :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y8u7MvuArA

Should change your mind.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 01 March 2018

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
CGI-Quality said:

What other big releases?

NieR and ME:Andromeda :v

ME Andromeda perhaps is going to hurt horizon a bit. But Nier is the very definition of a niche game.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Mbolibombo said:
CGI-Quality said:

I'm curious, what's going against it?

New Ip, Slim marketing, going up against Zelda, going up against a new system, not bundled

Uncharted 4... was the exact opposite, huge IP, massive marketing, heavily bundled..also not going up against one of the most iconic franchises of all time and a brand newsystem.

It's however bundled in Sonyland  (Europe) it is also still has the top rank on Amazon US and Amazon UK, or st least it did this morning in the videogame department that is.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Doubtful. Idk what the games budget was but I bet they'd be thrilled with half those sales.

I find this thread to be more interesting/informative on the topic of SuperData's integrity =p I hope that the game does sell well at least, I plan to pick it up soon!

CGI-Quality said:
Mbolibombo said:

Going against Zelda will hardly impact it. Two different systems and two different audiences. Doesn't have to sell Uncharted 4 numbers, either. 

Guess what, it is possible to be a fan of both systems you know.. it's directly impacting for me for instance, and going by what others are saying I am pretty sure not alone in this case. Will buy zelda over Horizon, and get a used copy of Horizon for cheap in a few months.

It definately has the same audience, despite being on different systems.