By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 or The Last of Us?

Tagged games:

Which is better?

Resident Evil 4 159 42.29%

The Last of Us 217 57.71%

Total:376
Miyamotoo said:
Wright said:

I don't think neither game is pure horror, to be honest.

Well for RE4 we can definitely say its horror game, while TLoU has also horror elements I dont think it would be accurate to call it horror genre.

I'd be okay with that, though it's still muddy ground for me. I'd say RE4 borrows heavily from the action-horror genre, but it doesn't revel in being pure horror at any point.

Around the Network

TLOU has a better story. RE4 is better in every other respect. Especially the Wii version. Better level design overall. Better combat. Better puzzles. More content. And much more replay value. I found watching a youtube movie version of TLOU to be a better experience than actually playing the game.

Hard one.

Graphically Resident Evil was amazing when it came out and mechanics and gameplay wise it still holds up decent but at the time it was revolutionary it also revived a franchise struggling a little bit and story wise it wasn't amazing but decent.

The Last of us isn't the best game gameplay wise by any stretch of the imagination but doesn't have many obvious flaws from a cinematic perspective its one of the best games ever made to date and its also a really well acted- game really showing how emotion, loss and hate can really be portrait in a game.

I voted for Resident Evil because it did a bit more at the time especially because uncharted 2 and 3 from naughty dog where bigger game changers, sure arguably the last of us tells a better story and mixes gameplay up a bit but resident evil stood out more gameplay wise for me and I think gameplay should always top the chart when comparing games.

Obviously both games are amazing and stand in a long list of games from nintendo, microsoft and sony that really changed the way we view the gaming industry.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

While Resident Evil 4 without a doubt had a much bigger impact on the industry, I'll give this one to The Last of Us, just because I personally don't like RE4 at all. I know, it's biased. Deal with it. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Neither. RE4 destroyed classic RE and The Last of Us (of which I own) is basically just an interactive movie. I personally hate one of those games and dislike the other because of the type of game it is.

Having said that, I am not biased enough that I can't see how TLOU is a great game. I just dislike that type of game.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
The Last of Us by a good margin.

Resident Evil 4 was a fun game, occasionally scary, and innovative. But it didn't have enough to make an all time classic in my opinion. The story was lame and the gameplay didn't age that well either.

TLoU did most things right. RE4 only has it beat in content and innovation which I nevertheless couldn't fully appreciate because they came at the expense of losing a lot of the elements that made the Resident Evil series so good.

Actually RE4 is already considered for one of all time classics.

Hard one. I adored RE4 but when TloU released it played on an entirely different level. RE4 might have been first by almost a decade, but there is no doubt in my mind that TloU is the superior title. Hell Its arguably one of my favorite games of all times, and RE4 is not even my favorite RE

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

First of all Re4 shouldn't even be in the same sentence as TLoU. Re4 is the fourth iteration in the series, But just what the last of us achieved by being the first game in the series which takes other games to do in their 2 or 3 entry, just by that TloU is very well above RE4, and comparing, in terms of gameplay, controls and story there is no competition.

RE4 = gameplay

LoU = ??? maybe stoory if u like that.

What? How can you even compare these two? TLOU was the game of its generation. It's nothing like RE, except for the concept of "zombies" which were not even called zombies in TLOU.
TLOU is not an action game first and foremost, so if you went in from that angle, it was sure to disappoint. It is a storytelling masterpiece and an emotional journey with depth and things that affect you on multiple levels.
That being said, RE4 is not a bad game. It's one of the better REs but that's just it, it's just one iteration in a long standing survival horror franchise, while TLOU is something unique. Until Part II comes along. I really hope they don't fuck it up. It's like one of those really good movies that stays with you and you kind of wish that there won't be a sequel, because it can only get worse. You know?