By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 or The Last of Us?

Tagged games:

Which is better?

Resident Evil 4 159 42.29%

The Last of Us 217 57.71%

Total:376

TLOU is winning!!!!!

Around the Network

RE4 baby! Better game design.

Good matchup, but I've replayed TLOU several more times than RE4. I think the writing, pacing, character development, and emotional impact elevate it. RE4 is a great game, but TLOU works as more than just a game.

TLoU was good. It left a haunting impression but I never want to play it again. For me, the story was the draw. I know how it played out so, I'm good.

RE4 felt like it was light years above everything else when I played it. I bought it so many times (Gamecube, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Xbox One) and loved it every time.... except the last time. I was playing it on Xbox One and really not enjoying it.

*shrugs*

Nothing against RE4. I actually spent more time playing it than TLOU. Loved it on the GC. I vote TLOU.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
Meh I will pick TLoU cause I liked Ellie a lot more than whats her face

Her name is Ashley and her mechanics and AI fit eloquently with the rest of RE4.

Wish I could say the same for Ellie and TLoU.

RE4. It's more gamey.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
RE4. It's more gamey.

LIke a good squirrel burger.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Resident Evil 4 for me. It's in my top five all time. It's a masterpiece. The level and boss design, the pacing and atmosphere, the mix of exploration and visceral action, the variety of enemy encounters and set pieces...it's just a near perfect game.

The Last of Us is great too, but it takes a while to get going. The first part of the game is so focused on world building and stage setting it forgets to be a fun game. Starting in Bill's town it really takes off, and then after that there are just a few scripted sequences that interrupt the flow.

Personally, I pick Resident Evil 4 over The Last of Us simply because I find RE4 to be the more enjoyable game of the 2. It was so intense and exciting I had a hard time putting it down.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread