By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

Jim gave dead Rising 4 a goddamn 8/10, and yet gave BotW 7/10? He's clearly giving it a lower score because Nintendo of Japan's youtube policies.

What I don't understand is why bad reviews have so much weight to them. I remember HZD went down too after one reviewer gave it a 50

Edit: I will say one thing. Jim does make good reviews- not like he hates every nintendo game (even said he enjoyed BotW). I've gotta see the full review and see what's up

Around the Network

Lame. :-|

Come on new perfect scores!

S.Peelman said:
Lame. :-|

Come on new perfect scores!

Problem is, at 97, that will barely change the average, while a 60 can bring it down by half a percent...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

The median remains 100, though...

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

It's still the highest scoring game ever on gamerankings, if that's any consolation.

Bet with PeH: 

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

Around the Network

Damn.This gotta be one of the few times that I hate that I got my prediction right.I wanted so badly for it to stay at 98.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It was beyond to happen, still doesn't change the fact it is amazing game.

By the way, Slant magazine review is a joke in my opinion.Complain that the Grand Plateou is annoying because it feels tutorial-ish?When everyone praised how open the game is, even in that area?Cmon.

These kind of reviews just pisses me off.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
By the way, Slant magazine review is a joke in my opinion.Complain that the Grand Plateou is annoying because it feels tutorial-ish?When everyone praised how open the game is, even in that area?Cmon.

These kind of reviews just pisses me off.

A lot of people even praised it for being a tutorial that doesn't feel like one.

monocle_layton said:

Jim gave dead Rising 4 a goddamn 8/10, and yet gave BotW 7/10? He's clearly giving it a lower score because Nintendo of Japan's youtube policies.

What I don't understand is why bad reviews have so much weight to them. I remember HZD went down too after one reviewer gave it a 50

Edit: I will say one thing. Jim does make good reviews- not like he hates every nintendo game (even said he enjoyed BotW). I've gotta see the full review and see what's up

That's just the way numbers work. It would also happen the other way around: if one game had a whole bunch of negative reviews, one positive review would way a lot more heavily. It's because the further a review deviates from the average, the more of an effect it'll have.