By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild review thread - 97 on Switch, 96 on Wii U

HylianYoshi said:
Wii U version finally has a Metascore (94).

Only 5 reviews. Will be interesting to see how many reviews it will get.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Oh wow! Hopefully it goes strong all the way!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Angelv577 said:
This game looks good. Lucky for me, I convinced a friend to lend me his Wii U to play zelda after he finishes the game,

Its going to look great once they sort out all the bugs with the Emulator running the Wii U version.

On Cemu the game is basically playable atm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBF7HM3Ef8

https://i.redd.it/0k2n1q62nsky.png

Those CEMU programmers are nuts.

Its impressive how fast they keep improveing Wii U emulation.

Dropped to 97 now:

The Jimquisition - 70/100

"At its absolute best, Breath of the Wild offers some of the most absorbing experiences a Zelda game ever has. Unfortunately, it makes you work harder for it than you should, buried as it is under a pile of small but constant irritations that collaborate to form a thick crust of frustration around a delectable center. Breath of the Wild is a delightful adventure, one that tries its utmost to be as big a pain in the arse as possible."

Slant magazine - 60/100

"The audiovisual beauty alone of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is liable to convince you that more is indeed better."

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
Dropped to 97 now:

"At its absolute best, Breath of the Wild offers some of the most absorbing experiences a Zelda game ever has. Unfortunately, it makes you work harder for it than you should, buried as it is under a pile of small but constant irritations that collaborate to form a thick crust of frustration around a delectable center. Breath of the Wild is a delightful adventure, one that tries its utmost to be as big a pain in the arse as possible."

Slant magazine - 60/100

"The audiovisual beauty alone of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is liable to convince you that more is indeed better."

What the hell?

It's really about time Metacritc learns about outliers.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Tmfwang said:
Dropped to 97 now:

Slant magazine - 60/100

What the hell?

It's really about time Metacritc learns about outliers.

I don't know about Slant magazine, but I like The Jimquisition, going to read his full review now.

It seems the clickbait reviews have started to drop in now.
This is the issue with modern day reviews and no game is safe from it. Especially not exclusives.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
It seems the clickbait reviews have started to drop in now.
This is the issue with modern day reviews and no game is safe from it. Especially not exclusives.

Yeah, it is a problem. But aren't clickbait reviews usually pushed out as fast as they can, to secure the most clicks, and not 1.5 weeks after release when there are probably not that many people anymore who actually checks the MC score?

Well it's fun while it lasted. BoTW is no longer one of the top five games on Meta so all is no longer well /s
:P

In all seriousness, it's weird how much weight lower scores have. Out of all the 80 reviews registered, the two mixed reviews changed the score significantly (or as significant as you can get).

Btw, OpenCritic now has BoTW as a 96 overall. Plus the gap between BoTW and Galaxy is now .14 since the former is now 97.78%.

I have a feeling that Jim Sterling is still pissed off at Nintendo for their YouTube policy and it has biased his review. I think it is time to unsubscribe from him. I am more bothered by how reaching his actual written review is rather than the score itself.

I have no knowledge about Slant and did not bother reading their review.

Anyway, not a big difference between 97.8% and 98.5%. The game is still highly acclaimed and has the most perfect scores in what is probably the highest rated video game series.