By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tackle your backlog?

How do you tackle your backlog?

Play my games in the order I buy them 5 5.21%

Pick one at random and play it 7 7.29%

Pick whichever one appeals to me at the time 66 68.75%

... Who even plays games ... 18 18.75%

Total:96

I don't :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I don't, it's just a monstrosity that grows infinitely.

I'll usually sell the majority of them on amazon while I use that money to buy games I'm more inclined to play more regularly..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

I don't. If I can't be bothered beating a game I buy, I chalk it up to not being a good game and I move on.

I browse through my backlog-list sorted by MetaScore and pick one from the genre I want to play next.

I try to avoid playing several games of the same genre back-to-back.

Around the Network

I just pick up and play whatever I feel like playing at the time. My backlog has actually been getting smaller over the last year, as I've played through quite a few of my unfinished games. I just don't really stress about my backlog these days. At least I know that I will always have new games to play in my collection.

Wait you can actually games... I rarely uy games so I got that going for me. Horizon Zero Dawn is my second game this year. And I still got to finish Dishonored 2. So I might have catched up in June ready for a new game. Upside is I always have a high profile game I want to play anyway since I only buy 5-6 games a year. I don't see the point in having a backlog since its a waste of money.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

arcaneguyver said:
#1 - Play games. Don't think about it, just turn on the console.
#2 - Grab a game from the collection. No analysis paralysis BS here, grab one.
#3 - No trophy hunting, new game+, or perpetual multiplayer. Keep moving to the next.

Why do you do this to me

Honestly, at the time being, I just don't care about my backlog. I have to many other things I have to keep up with to worry about not playing enough games. I did recently complete Gravity Rush Remastered though. I but it away after playing it a bit when I first bought it a year ago, but when I decided to continue it recently I got really sucked into the world an completed it pretty quickly. But in general, at my current pace, completing a games takes like a month on average, so I'm really slow. My backlog isn't *that* big though, because I've scaled back game purchase. I quit buying games on Steam because they were on sale and looked sorta fun a long time ago, I generally just buy games I'm genuinely interested in now.

Darashiva said:

I just pick up and play whatever I feel like playing at the time. My backlog has actually been getting smaller over the last year, as I've played through quite a few of my unfinished games. I just don't really stress about my backlog these days. At least I know that I will always have new games to play in my collection.

Yeah, it's my "pool of choice", not my "pile of shame". ;)

i dont it jsut grows and grows and grows