By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tell us your last three games played and would you recommend them?

Recently I've been going back to play games from previous generations that I haven't played before, and currently I'm playing games on the SNES:

1. Super Metroid - Yes, definitely. The game is pretty much as good as everyone has always said it was. Some of the controls take a while to figure out, but other than that, I have nothing but good things to say about it.
2. Actraiser - A bit of a forgotten gem on the SNES. It combines elements from sidescrolling action games, god-games and citybuilding, and somehow makes it work very well. And yes, you should play it.
3. Super Castlevania IV - The game I'm currently playing. This was before Symphony of the Night turned the series more towards the exploration and partially coined the term Metroidvania. It's a much more straightforward affair, but no less enjoyable for it. So yes, I do recommend this one as well.

Around the Network

1. Gravity Rush 2: couldn't recommmend this game enough

2. Overwatch: it won GOTY for a reason

3. TLOU remaster: still haven't finished it but I'm sure it has already been recommended enough

1) Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1)- I just picked this game up from an E-Bay auction since I already have Luna : Silver Story Complete and wanted to complete my collection. 10 hours into it and it is an amazing game. Almost as good as Silver Story but with slightly less memorable characters. I love the Lunar games and would highly recommend this game if you are into old school turn-based JRPG's.

2) Letter Quest (PS4 version): This is a very fun and addictive game. Every time I play it I end out spending at least a couple of hours on it. An enhanced vocabulary would be very helpful and can make the game more entertaining so that you are not re-using the same words over and over again.

3) Counter-Strike: Source: One of my all time favorite games, hence why I am still playing it 13 years after it's release. I highly recommend it. This is still the best FPS game out there for skill, strategy, and all around fun. Of all iterations of Counter-Strike, Source has the most accurate hit-boxes, movement, and hit registry over the net. With the rest of the order being CS 1.6, CS: Go, and then sad red-headed stepchild known as Counter-Strike Condition Zero.

Bravely Second(3DS)- Really Good. I had a lot of fun playing and breaking the mechanics of this one. The music is not good as the 1st but still pretty good. The game mostly picks up after chapter 4. Then it turns into a roller coaster. The characters and story are all pretty good to get you through the games. I would argue the characters are what make the story work. Recommended if you like JRPGS. Plying the 1st game is not needed but it enhances the game.

Fire Emblem Fates(3DS) - I played birthright,conquest and revelation back to back so I definitely felt some fatigue in the end. However it was a joyful experience. This game definitely gives you a good bang for your buck. Each game has its weaknesses and strengths. However they are all fun to play. Recommended if you like Fire Emblem games. If you never played one then thi will be a decent place to start. However I think Awakening is better for a 1st Fire Emblem game.

What did I play before Fire Emblem? That game took forever to beat. I think it was Pokemon Moon

Pokemon Moon (3DS) - Fun game. It is the freshest pokemon game I played since Gold/Silver. It went too heavy on nostalgia as the game pretended nothing but kanto exists. The game also had a charming story and decent gameplay. Recommended if your a pokemon fan. If you want this to be your first it wouldn't hurt you and you will have fun.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Rocket league - yes
Gta V - yes
Yakuza 4 - yes

Just be aware yakuza 4 is more movie then game

Around the Network

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Yes
Final Fantasy XV - Yes
Life is Strange - Yes

Currently playing:
Nioh - Hell Yes.
The Last Guardian - Only if you enjoyed ICO
Final Fantasy XV - ehh...
Ocarina of Time (3DS) - Sure.

Completed:
I actually don't remember... so no.

4 ≈ One

Only 3ish hours into The 3rd Birthday on PSP. Can't say much about it, as I'm only on chapter 2/3, but it reminds me of Dirge Of Cerberus. Two spin offs that tried something new for the franchise, red/black is everywhere, music is really good, and they both push the hardware.

Ju-On The Grudge: Haunted house simulator. Very short game, not necessarily scary unless you're afraid of jump scares. One of the levels in particular (the third one) was a blast to play, creepy shit right there. Highly recommended for those fans of the movies and horror in general, just keep in mind that it is quite short.

Star Ocean Till The End of Time. If you like Japanese RPGS, you should get it but make sure you explore the item creating mechanics, as they'll come in handy. Very tedious backtracking at times, storyline isn't that good and the pace is awful. Still recommended to whose who enjoy long JRPGS, no one else should play it.

Resident Evil HD Remaster: HELL YEAH
Fatal Frame Wii U: nope
Tokyo Mirage Sessions: HELL YEAH

COD BO 3 - yes - even though most here hate COD lol.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - yep I love these games personally

Uncharted 4 - Doing another play through and yes I reccomend it.

Runner up I am playing...Digimon Cyber Sleuth - One of the most under rated games on PS4 and a great RPG.

AND Bonus bonus just for BraLoD - The Legend of Dragoon - because it should always be played....FOREVER by EVERYONE

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23